'65 Strat Project

calieng

Reaction score
I thought I would share some photos from a '65 Strat I just assembled.

MJT aged body
Fender American '60s Strat Replacement Neck
Callaham Bridge
Fender Pure Vintage Parts
Fender '65 Strat Pickups.

I am really happy how it turned out. The neck fits the body like a glove. Everything lined up perfectly, Just had to solder the electronics and cut the nut slots a little deeper. Otherwise it was a pretty simple bolt together project you could do in a morning.

The finish and aging by MJT on this body was just amazing. Very realistic. I did not bother to age the hardware yet. Will do that later.

I would say it compares to my Custom Shop Strats but I would be lying. This Strat absolutely kills them. I have never heard a Strat so resonant before...

20210414_220543783_iOS.jpg
20210414_220713129_iOS.jpg
20210414_220729859_iOS.jpg

And here are some parts for one more I am going to do. This will be more of a Relic Strat.

20210414_220814166_iOS.jpg

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow, nice! There is so much joy in putting together a Partscaster - especially when the result is something that can hang with big $ Custom Shop models. That's the beauty of such a simple design.

Great job.

bluesoul

Reaction score
I thought I would share some photos from a '65 Strat I just assembled.

MJT aged body
Fender American '60s Strat Replacement Neck
Callaham Bridge
Fender Pure Vintage Parts
Fender '65 Strat Pickups.

I am really happy how it turned out. The neck fits the body like a glove. Everything lined up perfectly, Just had to solder the electronics and cut the nut slots a little deeper. Otherwise it was a pretty simple bolt together project you could do in a morning.

The finish and aging by MJT on this body was just amazing. Very realistic. I did not bother to age the hardware yet. Will do that later.

I would say it compares to my Custom Shop Strats but I would be lying. This Strat absolutely kills them. I have never heard a Strat so resonant before...

View attachment 531319 View attachment 531320 View attachment 531321

And here are some parts for one more I am going to do. This will be more of a Relic Strat.

View attachment 531322
Nice!!!

calieng

Reaction score
Nice. MJT does great work.
Yes. I think he is sourcing better wood overall than Fender being a much smaller operation. And his finish is pretty thin which helps a lot with the tone of the guitar. I like the aging on the sunburst - very mild and realistic. The red body is a little over the top and the sanded areas are less realistic but I still like it. I'll post some pictures of that one too when finished.

And as a bonus you get a bible verse with every shipment! John 3:16 on the last order. So I got a cool guitar and religion all in the same order!

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
That turned out nicely. :) Shame MJT are so expensive over here as I was trying to find one that isn't too relic'd for a very similar project, based on a '61 model. We've even got the same pickups, which I've already tried out in another Strat to see how they sound (great!).

I've got a bare body arriving today, so I'll be a bit behind you assembling mine. I'm going for Sonic Blue as my other Strat is sunburst.

Good luck with the red one. :)

RocketKing

Reaction score
Very nice.
I have an Olympic white American original 60s and I like it very much.
Great neck profile and I think the pv 65 are very good stock pick ups.

Leumas

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That is gorgeous. I love the body burst. I can't quite tell if it's two or three tone, but I'm a sucker for two-tone and if it's a three the orange is so slim it hits the sweet spot.

Latest Threads