61 SG reissue is back?

Cjsinla

Reaction score
Was just looking for something on Zzounds today and saw that Gibson is making the 61RI SG again. The specs seem to be the same as the ones they discontinued a few years ago. But, this one seems to have an ABR1 bridge, not a Nashville. It comes with a case and has 57's in it and the price is reasonable. What's up with that? This model was going for much more than that 5 years ago. I wonder how they are selling these so cheap. Has anyone tried one yet?

rafke182

Reaction score
i hope you are right on this one, i can't find it on the website from gibson.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
They are selling the Derek Trucks SG for $1300. That seems like a hell of a deal.

lovehifi

Reaction score
When I ordered my Derek Trucks from ZZ a couple of days ago they told me they had an exclusive deal with Gibson to bring in some models including some discontinued models and clearance models at very good pricing. He said ZZounds bought a a bunch of them from Gibson. Before I bought my Derek Trucks and after seeing their price I had to call them to make sure these were the real deal. Anyway enjoy that 61 RI. Awesome guitar. Mine will be delivered Tuesday. Anticipation! Oh he also said when they run out of the DT SGs they will not be getting any more.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
When I ordered my Derek Trucks from ZZ a couple of days ago they told me they had an exclusive deal with Gibson to bring in some models including some discontinued models and clearance models at very good pricing. He said ZZounds bought a a bunch of them from Gibson. Before I bought my Derek Trucks and after seeing their price I had to call them to make sure these were the real deal. Anyway enjoy that 61 RI. Awesome guitar. Mine will be delivered Tuesday. Anticipation! Oh he also said when they run out of the DT SGs they will not be getting any more.

Very possible. But these new 61's have a 2016 serial number and Sweetwater had some too so the 61's may be back in regular production. Time will tell.

Latest Threads