60th anni 1960 vos v2 tomato soup burst.

Paulg2uk

Reaction score
no problemo, I will do my best to be accurate and realistic with the appraisal of them, I know the sound I aiming for and want to create, and will state if they achieve it or not. Am intending for shits n giggles to record the before an after in 24bit 196khz audio, They are hot pickups, so will try the origin 5 combo and the class five head 'dimed' to see which will become the amp for that guitar. been playing it 6 hours a day for last 4 days, and I have got over my misgivings about the neck, the double cut neck is still perfect, but this V2 is manageable as is.
p.s. where abouts in the UK are you? I am northeast between newcastle and york.

Thank you much appreciated. I prefer the V3 to the V2, the V3 feels really comfortable to me. That's probably because I have an 89' pre historic which I've owned since the early 90's which was my main guitar for a long time and that has a similar neck profile.

I live in Hornchurch ESSEX ,so quite a away I'm afraid. Looking forward to hearing those Beano PAF's.

Cheers

Paul

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
I hear you about the frets. I'm just waiting for the courier to collect my R8 as it's being sent away to my luthier for a refret; it's only a 2018 but the frets are narrow and low, just not what I like at all. Needless to say I'll be counting down the days until I get it back!

Congrats anyhow, glad to hear it's a keeper as I'm sure many of us would be flicking it straight on. Time's a funny thing and ironically the things you dislike about it now you might end up viewing as redeeming features a few years down the line. Love the top and the colour, she is gorgeous

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its a 'grower' as they say, just spent another 3 hours rockin' out through the Carrera 9 pin and was getting some real nice vintage rock tones trough the unpotted custom buckers, they are the dogs as they say. I have my eye on a 2013 R8 at mo, which if my tax refund is as big as i am hoping will be joining the collection. So some fun times ahead, I just hope my employer does not take me off furlough any time soon. I am pretty enthusiastic at the moment since I am actually progressing playing wise. I tried to learn the Blues about 15 years ago but gave up as could not get the feel and the phrasing at all. I had barely touched a guitar since then. So these last three months have been a blast. Its all starting to make sense.

Paul, yeah man, you are miles away. I would have let you had a try if you were (a lot) closer.

1allspub

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. Even based on the outside pics I would not classify that color as “tomato soup”. Looks more like a perfect cherry sunburst (ie, not tomato). But admittedly I’m not looking at it in person like you are. Regardless... it’s hot! :)

Latest Threads