'60 Burst content...

RevWillie

Reaction score
That one has been around the block a few dozen times:

Burst Serial Log

IF the seller is real and IF it goes for the opening bid price - it might be a deal!

andreww

Reaction score
I'm no expert, but a couple of things look a little off to me. The seller claims that the action is set very low, yet the bridge looks like its set abnormally high. Imagine what it would look like without the additional thumbscrews.

The other thing was that there doesn't seem to be any difference in color under the poker chip. I know the 60s didn't fade like previous years, but shouldn't there be some fading?

kdm

Reaction score
The action is very high, in the 2nd picture it is obvious. My 2010 historic has already more faded than this 53 year old burst....

Backstage

Reaction score
The first thing one might presume that this lady spend her living in the case under a bed because of her top but the rest doesn't fit to this guess.

Colnago1

Reaction score
So if the action is high can't one just lower it? Maybe the "poker chip" has been off for a long time?

yeti

Reaction score
Love it when you guys trash a nice Burst...
No kidding!
I'm repeating myself here but...
The color is 100% legit IMO. It is my favorite version of the Burst finishes. Looks very much like my friends' 1960 Burst which has been played a lot over it's life.

From the auction:

my friends 1960

Red Flametop

Reaction score
Beautiful burst...oh yeah, I'd be dropping the bridge down big-time(looks like an old Chevelle with the 70's stinkbug stance).

As far as the fading(or lack thereof) goes....could've SWORN it's been made a basic fact that Gibson changed their dye formulation in 1960 to where the red doesn't fade(or fade as easily as the 58's and '59's).

I'd play it til I keeled over or it turned to dust, whichever comes first.

58burst

Reaction score
Looks nice, good-looking headstock repair (although in the description I'd call it a "snapped headstock" instead of a "hairline crack":laugh2:). Looks good, reverse zebra(!)- pickguard not original. Hella top(!) Be good for the buyer to see in the control cavity, no big deal on a guitar in this condition. Nice typical late-60 finish, I like the fade on the back.

jimi55lp

Reaction score
Fretboard doesn't have a mark or scratch, maybe they just played the back of the guitar?? Many things don't look right about this burst'. Nice price if I'm wrong!

jcsk8

Reaction score
Bridge was replaced as have a retainer wire?

Latest Threads