6 year old neighbor kid jammin' while taking the trash can back to the house-

Blues4U

Reaction score
I am outside on Friday afternoon and I hear the little guy across the street, he's yelling, or so it seems, and it sounds somewhat like singing. This little guy is a trip, he and his family just moved in this fall, and I am not too well acquainted with the family, but I know this boy is a trip and he is always yelling some funny crap across the road at me.

Anyway, I come around to the front of the house and I hear what he is saying plain as day. "Oye-Oye-Oye-Oye" in the exact cadence of TNT-- Now, I already liked this kid because he is funny as hell, but now, he and I are soulmates, :laugh2: .

If not for it being cold, and the fact that my grandson was napping, I would have opened the window, pointed an amp at this kids house and played the song for him. But since this wasn't an option, I just jumped in my Denali, popped the back hatch and just happened to have AC/DC's high voltage in the multi disc changer within. After putting the key in, turning the ignition on and scrolling to the proper song, I hit play and turned that mother up loud and proud.

Little guy was still screaming "Oye" when he heard that opening chord and the drum intro, he stopped in his tracks and looked straight at me with a grin from ear to ear. He listened for a minute and then started dragging the trash can towards the house. He got to the garage, dropped off the can and started chanting with the song "Oye-Oye-Oye" in the break after the solo, his dad called for him and he started to run into the house, then he stopped on the front porch and looked at me and yelled "Hey ---'s dad" when I looked at him, he gave me a big thumbs up and ran inside. :laugh2:

Like I said, this little guy is a character and he was completely stunned that not only did I know what is obviously one of his favorite songs, but I had it in my CD player in my truck----- :dude:

I think on that first warm spring day when we all have the windows open and everybody is outside, I will play this for him with hot tubes and a screaming Gibson-- :naughty: I should make a quantum leap past cool straight to God like status :D

I am stunned that this little kid knows the song, but hell, for all I know, my son taught it to him on the bus, as my little guy loves AC/DC and especially TNT:dude:

Eric Duane

Reaction score
Awesome. I just had my first child and can't wait for shit like this. It's awesome. Kids repeat what they see and hear. That being said I definitely need to clean my language up.

gibbykohner

Reaction score
Sweet!!!

Wonder what he'll do when he sees a real guitar. :hmm:

Wish I had neighbors like those. :squint:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I think on that first warm spring day when we all have the windows open and everybody is outside, I will play this for him with hot tubes and a screaming Gibson-- :naughty: I should make a quantum leap past cool straight to God like status :D

now that __I would pay to see :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Scooter2112

Reaction score
Anyway, I come around to the front of the house and I hear what he is saying plain as day. "Oye-Oye-Oye-Oye" in the exact cadence of TNT-- Now, I already liked this kid because he is funny as hell, but now, he and I are soulmates, .

You just took me back to a very funny moment from 3 years ago....

I was in the car with both of my daughters, who happened to be 10 and 12 years old at the time. This same song came on the radio, and my younger daughter reaches over and turns it up a little bit. They start doing the Oye-Oye parts and laughing about it.

As we roll up to a red light, with the windows down, I reach over and crank the stereo up for all it was worth. All 3 of us start nodding our heads and singing this as loud as we could....with some uncontrollable laughs mixed in, as we entertained the half dozen or so cars that happened to also be waiting at the light..and drawing some amused looks from total strangers.

The girls still talk about that to this day, and immediately start to giggle, as soon as they hear the song. Not even sure of the true title...they just refer to it as "that Oye song."

All 3 of my kids share a great sense of humor, and we have LOTS of moments like this. Sounds like the neighbor kid is quite the character as well..especially at 6! I see some fun times ahead. Kids are great. :dude:

Blues4U

Reaction score
Sweet!!!

Wonder what he'll do when he sees a real guitar. :hmm:

Wish I had neighbors like those. :squint:

I constantly have to tell my son not to be telling about all the cool man toys we have. He is always saying "My dad has a sniper rifle" My dad has cool guitars" etc- SOme kid gonna tell his crackhead uncle and I get robbed, lol---

I assume this kid will really like seeing and hearing a real guitar. If I could only find a real guitarist to play for him:laugh2:

lunchmeat

Reaction score
He'll probably get Rocksmith for Christmas and blow you away by spring :dude:

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Don't wait till spring. Wait till this afternoon. By springtime, his favorite song may be something by Beiber.

Gin&Pentatonic

Reaction score
Awesome. I just had my first child and can't wait for shit like this. It's awesome. Kids repeat what they see and hear. That being said I definitely need to clean my language up.

Definitely.

There's a moratorium on swearing in our house right now because of this. Also on the banned list are words like "goldfish" "jello" "banana" "smoothie"etc. They incite chaos. We can't even spell out the words anymore because they caught onto that too :laugh2:

Hack

Reaction score
Buy an old used set of drums, then bring them out of your garage like you were getting rid of them and ask if his father if you can give them to the kid.

You could have a band together in less than a year.

dngrsdave

Reaction score
When I was 14 or 15, my Buddy and I were in the backseat of his parents car with his Mom & Dad driving somewhere. Sympathy for the Devil came on the radio. We were all quiet listening until as if on cue, my friend & I started in on the "Woo Woo, Woo Woo..."

It went on for awhile until his Dad finally told us to Shut Up back There !!

Spurholder

Reaction score
I introduced my oldest to "Classic Vinyl" several years ago. The other two (6 and 5) have followed suit. So the nine year old essentially has taken over my Strat and Mustang I amp, and his sister and brother have their own Squier Mini's (and other small SS amps) to make all sorts of racket from.

I told each of them that if they practice hard and keep playing, I'd buy each of them the Les Paul of their choice. I love it.

twinrider1

Reaction score
Love it. Made my day.

This must be him a few years ago.

OYE!
baby.png

Latest Threads