6 New Slash Guitars

RocketKing

Reaction score
E
Tin foil hat time. Did Gibson pay Slash to use these new finishes with black plastics in advance so they could release a new Slash line that wasn’t some orange burst or gold top?
Ehh... I would be more interested in understanding what's going on with the pick ups? Why aren't the regular seymour duncan slash set in? :hmm:

ManicPete

Reaction score
They all look great.... but do the people with the money to buy such guitars really still hold a guy like Slash in such reverence?

rich85

Reaction score
To be fair his pickups are extremely basic A2 PAF style so I am all for not giving SD money for them. They are so over priced. I am not an SD fan obviously......

The November burst is by far the biggest fail.

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
Slash is OK as a guitarist. The Slash collection is... OK if you like that sort of thing.

Not enough gold tops and pickup covers for me.

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Nice, idea, stupid choice of guitars.

If they want to make some production Slash sigs, go for it. But the best route would have been a Standard with a three-piece top and Duncans, available in two finishes:

I mean, if you're going to make a production model why not base it on the production models he actually used? And in the process of doing so cut costs?

rifflearner

Reaction score
I think these guitars are pretty good looking -- but if you bought a limited edition Anaconda burst a couple years ago and now they are turning that same finish into a production guitar, that's kind of a double-cross.

Also, am I reading right that the acoustic guitars are MORE expensive than the Les Pauls?

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
I mean, if you're going to make a production model why not base it on the production models he actually used? And in the process of doing so cut costs?
You make it seem like he hasn't bought any new guitars since the early 90s. They are actually based on guitars he used. Just more recently.

jw3571

Reaction score
What are people's thoughts about the appetite burst? I've been tempted to buy the original one, would people rather but that and have a 10 year old guitar or get this one? I'm for sure going to get the red one as well.

anorton

Reaction score
Nice looking guitars, and I love listening to Slash play with anybody. Having said that, I’ve never felt the need to own a signature guitar other than Les’s.

rogue3

Reaction score
Is it me,or does the rosewood on a couple of those models look like the ruts on an unpaved rural road?

Baked maple or ebony, might be a better choice,visually and tonally.jmho.

Aside from that, waiting for the for sale posting: entire Slash Collection for sale,will not split up. :hmm:

I am a slash admirer from way back...AFD and UYI.

GT1

Reaction score
I am very happy that I am not a collector of Slash guitars.
Am sure those who are, are selling a kidney and/or remortgaging their house to get all these new ones.
:slash:

Leumas

Reaction score
If you would have told me at 13 years old that I could buy a Slash guitar I would have been overjoyed. Now I’m 40 and can afford one and I wouldn’t spend the money on any one of the 30 or so that have been released.