6 New Slash Guitars

rich85

Reaction score
By leveraging its iconic past and leaning into an innovative future, Gibson has set the stage for the next era of shaping sound for present and future generations. The new Gibson celebrates the iconic models of Gibson’s Golden Era while leaning into the future with instruments that nurture new players across generations, genders and genres of music. A partnership that crosses over three decades, Gibson and Slash announced today, January 9, the release of the first-ever Slash Collection. In a history-making move for the brand, the Slash Collection will feature multiple acoustic and electric guitars. The new Slash Collection will officially premiere at the Gibson experience space, 3rd Floor, Ballroom A, during Winter NAMM 2020 in Anaheim, CA (January 15-19).

4 Les Pauls and 2 Acoustics

Slash Gibson humbuckers

Not really "new" but........ hahaha

Attachments

rifflearner

Reaction score
This makes them more appealing, as I never liked the Scully design on the front of the headstock.

"Exclusive to the Slash Collection are Slash’s “Scully” signature drawing on the back of the headstock, Slash’s signature on the truss rod cover, a blank truss rod cover in the case..."

Ripgut

Reaction score
This makes them more appealing, as I never liked the Scully design on the front of the headstock.

"Exclusive to the Slash Collection are Slash’s “Scully” signature drawing on the back of the headstock, Slash’s signature on the truss rod cover, a blank truss rod cover in the case..."
I TOTALLY agree, I never liked it either! At least now it's semi-hidden.

jw3571

Reaction score
Love the red one, it will make a good companion to my signed anaconda burst

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
These appear to Nashville production guitars. Which, if that’s the case, is probably a brilliant move on their behalf. Looks to in the $3300 range.

Last edited:

dbwalker

Reaction score
Gibson board room meeting: how do we get more money out of these guitars?
guy in the back of the room hollers put Slash on it up the price by $2k
Gibson execs: hey guy in the back of the room go get us some more coffee,
minutes later.......
Gibson exec: I just text messaged Slash, he said do it just dont put my name on socks or underwear

RocketKing

Reaction score
Exclusive "slashBucker" pick ups??!
They are nice finishes though, price aside.
I remember a fellow forum member asking whether Gibson would make another Slash model with the latest finishes he uses.
Some of us said it was only a question of time, looks like we were right :slash::rofl:

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
I can't believe they'd make a guitar (supposedly) inspired by the perryburst and get the colour so wrong...

Not really a fan of burst finishes, but I do love how the perryburst had aged by the time the November rain video was filmed.

justjoshin

Reaction score
As much as I have always wanted an AFD LP, that new red burst is calling my name....it is the one I posted about on here a while back.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw them on the illusion tour twice...
He used a gold top 90% of both shows, custom black beauty, and the BC Rich hummingbird..

both concerts were those guitars...

damn that was a good tour...back when Austin and Dallas were stops on the same tour...

but come on slash, u always a gold top in the days I knew u...

RocketKing

Reaction score
As much as I have always wanted an AFD LP, that new red burst is calling my name....it is the one I posted about on here a while back.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to

RocketKing

Reaction score
I can't believe they'd make a guitar (supposedly) inspired by the perryburst and get the colour so wrong...

Not really a fan of burst finishes, but I do love how the perryburst had aged by the time the November rain video was filmed.
I'm sure it's based on Slash' s first signature guitar. The tabacco burst one, with a plain top and Fishman piezo system

Leumas

Reaction score
Exclusive "slashBucker" pick ups??!
They are nice finishes though, price aside.
I remember a fellow forum member asking whether Gibson would make another Slash model with the latest finishes he uses.
Some of us said it was only a question of time, looks like we were right :slash::rofl:
Tin foil hat time. Did Gibson pay Slash to use these new finishes with black plastics in advance so they could release a new Slash line that wasn’t some orange burst or gold top?