5th Gen. Brewmaster's response to "Downfall of Amer. Beer"

EvanPC

Reaction score
Recent thread about the original article which points some awkward fingers at some beer giants. See here http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/backstage/225106-downfall-american-beer.html

Apparently, someone at AB InBev has responded.

Controversy Brewing (Additional Insight)

Source: Bloomberg
Nov 9th

As a fifth-generation brewmaster, three generations at Anheuser-Busch, I am very disappointed by "The Plot to Destroy America's Beer" (Features, Oct. 29-Nov. 4).

On behalf of my more than 100,000 colleagues around the world, I can tell you nothing is more important to us than the quality of our beers and the ingredients that go into them. We would never "tinker" (as you suggest) with the recipe of Budweiser (or Beck's), and any suggestion that we are doing so is simply not true.

We have the best-trained and most qualified brewmasters in the business. Our commitment to quality and strictly maintaining the distinct taste profile of each of our beers is, and always has been, our No. 1 priority. Just like my father before me, I personally taste our beer samples on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency.

We are deeply committed to providing consumers the highest-quality products and never compromise on ingredients, or the care and craftsmanship that go into brewing our portfolio of leading beer brands.

We have also continued to significantly invest behind our brands, especially in Budweiser, a point lost in your piece, among many others. Budweiser global volumes increased 3.1 percent in 2011, following a 1.7 percent increase in 2010. The growth trend continues with sales up 6.2 percent in the first half of 2012.

I am also surprised that your reporter turned down our invitation to visit us in St. Louis at our flagship brewery prior to writing the piece, to see firsthand the care and exacting standards in our brewing. My colleagues and I are very proud of our beers and welcome visitors from all over the world to our five brewery tour centers.

Peter Kraemer
Head of North American Brewery Operations
Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD)
St. Louis

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I heard on one of those "History of Brewing" shows that Budweiser buys about 40% of all rice that gets imported into the country. :shock:

Paracelsian

Reaction score
Yeah all adjunct beers. Fvck Bud, that said I bet that guys private brews are pretty good.

ehs5mw

Reaction score
Just like my father before me, I personally taste our beer samples on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency.

Tough job.

matthew bear

Reaction score
well...

Lagering is more difficult than making Ales, So maybe it's hard to brew a bud "right"

Still think it's gross!

Viva Porter!

Mr Insane

Reaction score
I bet you guys drink light beer. If you want to talk about a really nasty beer, Sam Adams, disgusting.

Lurko

Reaction score
Bud/Bud Light/Lite/Coors/etc. is corporate swill. Disgusting piss water.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I don't begrudge anyone for their choice of beer (or music) but I know what I like and i will ONLY spend money on the beers that I like.

Anheuser Busch does not make ANY of these. :)

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
I like just about all beers (as long as they don't have fruit flavor added). Cheap, mass produced stuff, small batch craft, domestic, imported... it's all good to me depending on what I'm in the mood for. Of course, free beer is the best beer at any given moment.