5F2A "Tweed Princeton" Build Question

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mojotone wiring diagram is confusing compared to the TAD because that resistor/capacitor pair is in the original Fender location near the speaker jack, with the grounded end connected to the preamp ground bus, rather than the main power supply ground bus like the TAD drawing.
Your connection is acceptable.

Compare.jpg

Razzle Dazzle

Reaction score
The Mojotone wiring diagram is confusing compared to the TAD because that resistor/capacitor pair is in the original Fender location near the speaker jack, with the grounded end connected to the preamp ground bus, rather than the main power supply ground bus like the TAD drawing.
Your connection is acceptable.

View attachment 624830

Ok!

So this (all updated) should be good to go?

Brian's Amp Layout.jpg

Again thank you CB91710, without you this would have totally gone south...:rofl:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
Ya, that all looks right.
Don't overlook the jumpers that travel below the board. Seems to be the most common mistake at the Mojotone classes... on this amp, all but one land off-board (and this one is shown on top of the board, feeding the 12AX7 plates), but the 5E3 has a couple that jumper between two eyelets on the bottom.

Razzle Dazzle

Reaction score
What do you mean by that? I'm not sure if you are talking about the jumpers between the components or something else...

I have made the jumpers between the components with 33A wire on top of the board in the bottom section of the turrets...

2022-07-31 18.53.17.jpg

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Leave an air gap between the cathode resistor and bypass cap. That resistor will get VERY hot.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Reaction score
What do you mean by that? I'm not sure if you are talking about the jumpers between the components or something else...

I have made the jumpers between the components with 33A wire on top of the board in the bottom section of the turrets...

View attachment 624959
Just a general advisory since the wiring diagrams don't always clearly show the wires that pass below the board.
Mojotone improved theirs by making the dashed wires a bit brighter... the old drawings they were more "transparent" and easier to overlook.

Latest Threads