'59 TV Junior replica, first scratch build.

pshupe

Reaction score
Hi Peter, I wet sand after a few days. This is the first one I've done with the lamp, not sure how much it speeds up curing. I'd have to do 2, one with lamp & without, to tell the difference. I left it 2 months just to be sure. The longer you leave it, the better the checking looks. If it goes into the freezer too early it does check but the cracks tend to heal themselves & doesn't look right. Cheers, Tony.

Thanks - I'm just starting to think about doing this kind of stuff. I know of a couple people that do this but do not have a definitive recipe as of yet. I'd rather not leave it two months. I'm sure you would rather not also. LOL Thanks again.

Regards Peter.

badly drawn les

Reaction score
That's about the size of it. I'll try to get some sound samples together. Thanks for watching.

Dilver

Reaction score
Well, I’m impressed! Nice job - looks great!

mono

Reaction score
This looks amazing. I have been looking at 59 DC TV Juniors for years now and have seen and handled some vintage pieces, and your relic work looks the absolute business. Great start to finish construction thread, well done mate, enjoy in good health.

Johan79

Reaction score
That is a beautiful guitar! Unfortunately one day it shall be sold as an authentic Gibson to a gullible buyer.

badly drawn les

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I got the 'guard off ebay from somewhere in Scotland called earlpilanz. I needed a gold anodized strat guard for another job & I saw the Jnr guard so gave it a go. I'm happy with it.

lowatter

Reaction score
Used coffee grinds rubbed into the rubbed relic'd areas etc give a nice well used effect that worked for me in the past. Make it look likes it's been in a few smokey bars without the smell.

Latest Threads