59 Reissue Les Paul in Church

Crusader

Reaction score
The church I go to was closed for a while and is reopening soon with new members in the band and tonight is our first rehearsal. I will be playing my 59 Reissue Les Paul. The previous Pastor didn't like me playing a Les Paul and said its a Rock & Roll guitar. Personally I think its quite a good looker!

IMG_9701 my Les Paul.jpg

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
With all sincere respect to your pastor, a guitar is a guitar. As long as it's being used to praise the Lord, then it's an instrument of righteousness.
^^^^^^ THIS! +10 :thumb:

I Rotate my 3 Lesters on a weekly basis and our congregation and team all love the warm full sound it gives.

I went from a Strat style guitar to these just for that more room filling sound.

Wanna see some Blasphemy? (I kid!)

How about a Ric bass on a worship team ! :laugh2: And that's the Pastor at the drums! :eek2: Wait..... drums??? :run:
full

Used an Epi Sheraton for a while through a Fender HotRod Deluxe.
full

I used a Jackson PC-2 rock machine for a while! :rofl:
full

I played this monstrosity for a couple years before I got my first Lester!:eek2:

A FrankenStrat that I modded all to heck!
Cat stickers compliments of my grandson.
full

Now that our Pastor has moved up to become a real musician I'm teaching him the bass. :laugh2:
I'm holding 'The 82' which I use almost weekly.
full

The Girls......:rofl:

The 82
full

Studio Deluxe
full

Classic Player
full

IMO Les Pauls are some of the most beautiful looking and sounding guitars.

There is a reason they are so popular among pro musicians.

I give thanks for them every week I get to play them, and to me, playing worship music is the highest form of thanks I can give back to Him for blessing me with them to begin with! It only seems right to me. :dunno:

'whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. '

IMHO Les Pauls are very lovely, their tone can be very pure, their build is (usually) admirable in it's complexity and beauty.

I dunno, I cannot bring myself to agree with his stance or reasoning, but I wish you success in your endevours. ;)

We are supposed to reason things out together, so maybe take this approach with him.

Worst thing is drama. Avoid at all costs. :Ohno:

Rogueaverage616

60Th Anniversary R9
Reaction score
The les paul was invented for Jazz wasnt it? Using flat wound’s What would he say about this baby

Attachments

• 20B4681D-3A5A-4ED7-99BC-8EE640473F7D.jpeg
    20B4681D-3A5A-4ED7-99BC-8EE640473F7D.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

mjross

Reaction score
WHAT! You’re kidding, right? You need to play ”Ear Ache My Eye”!

Last edited:

Latest Threads