59 Les Paul Standard Lazarus Conversion to Slash Appetite

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Wow....a little defensive aren't you? I was just asking a question based on a pic that you posted. Those tailstop studs in your pic look rounded that is why I asked.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the tail piece and studs bought from the faber website you conclude what you want man....
faber rounded studs 01.jpg

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
I posted you a pic of the parts I put on the guitar above what else do you want from me. To think you are an older member here I would expect a little more respect out of you...
I was talking about the one's in the pic you posted that I copied and posted. I am well aware of Faber and they are not rounded on top. I was just wondering why the ones in the pic of the guitar you posted are rounded on top that is all, and you got all defensive.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
You could have just said maybe they appear to be rounded in the pic but they are not. Geesh. Damn kids. :rofl:

rbraad68

Reaction score
You asked a stupid question about what does the til piece have to do with the after market bridge. well maybe its because i bought the whole kit and the tail pieces studs came with the kit. I know all about the fakes... When the guy answered you about the after market bridge that should of been it. Then you act like im stupid and ask " you telling me faber sells rounded studs" ?? again man Yes thats what the faber bridge pieces look like... You think what you wan man but don't act like you didn't deserve the respnoce you got from me....

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
You asked a stupid question about what does the til piece have to do with the after market bridge. well maybe its because i bought the whole kit and the tail pieces studs came with the kit. I know all about the fakes... When the guy answered you about the after market bridge that should of been it. Then you act like im stupid and ask " you telling me faber sells rounded studs" ?? again man Yes thats what the faber bridge pieces look like... You think what you wan man but don't act like you didn't deserve the respnoce you got from me....
And you're just going to keep going???? WTF True I did ask a question about a tailstop stud NOT about a bridge. What are you 12 years old???? I didn't act like you're stupid. Man you assume a lot.
Again, damn kids. You sure are a defensive little tyke. :rofl:
:io:Oh yeah, enjoy your guitar.

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
And you're just going to keep going???? WTF True I did ask a question about a tailstop stud NOT about a bridge. What are you 12 years old???? I didn't act like you're stupid. Man you assume a lot.
Again, damn kids. You sure are a defensive little tyke. :rofl:
:io:Oh yeah, enjoy your guitar.
What ever man don't let the door hit you in the ass...

rbraad68

Reaction score
Hmmm, it doesn't look domed to me, not sure what you're talking about in this picture since they look pretty flat.
I answered the guy 2 times that it was farber kit. I even posted pics of the parts i put on the guitar. I don't even think I needed to do that to be honest. Then the guys wants to get all shitty with me.. I don't know man.... [email protected] that guy let him go back to where ever he came from. I'm over it..

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Thats ok, nothing to get upset over, that is just how he saw it. I don't see it, but to each his own.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I was playing my Joe. B Lazarus/Slash guitar today for a couple of hours. Wow and wow are all I have to say. Such a smooth playing neck with a really great feel to it with the satin type finish. The SD Slash pickups sound great in it and the overall guitar feels/plays/sounds fantastic, I can't believe you get this much guitar for under 1k.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I was playing my Joe. B Lazarus/Slash guitar today for a couple of hours. Wow and wow are all I have to say. Such a smooth playing neck with a really great feel to it with the satin type finish. The SD Slash pickups sound great in it and the overall guitar feels/plays/sounds fantastic, I can't believe you get this much guitar for under 1k.
Yeah man I feel the same way about mine too. Prob my favorite out of them all. I have a messed up toggle though. Not sure why it's messed up but it's become very stiff still works just really stiff. I have taken it apart sprayed it with electric spray everything still stiff.. So i need to replace the switch..

rbraad68

Reaction score
Just playing my JB tonight comparing it to my tribute and my 50's gold top. I have to say that this JB is a really comfortable playing guitar. The Gibson Slash pups in this thing really compliment this guitar. I would have to say if I had to pick one and walk away it would be really hard to not grab this JB over the tribute ... I think that says a lot about these guitars. I know i have modded the shit out of this guitar and it's a far cry from the way it was stock. But even when it was stock it was a great playing guitar. Glad i was able to get one of these when i did deff one of my favorites of the ones i own...
JB 59 012.jpg

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Yep, great guitars for sure. I changed to a faber bridge on mine, put vintage locking tuners, and then put the SD Slash pickups and changed to reflector knobs. Other than that, it is a stock JB. Mine has a little bit darker finish on it than yours.

EpiSlashAppetite3.jpg
EpiSlashAppetite4.jpg

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Yeah we pretty much have done the same thing to out JB guitars. I used the Kluson locking tuners on mine and the Gibson Slash pups instead of the SD slash. I did the entire faber kit on mine in aged nickel not sure how you did your faber set up. When i get the money I want to swap the locking bridge with the regular faber small hole bridge. Yeah these guitars are great I totally enjoy mine. Yours does seem to have more orange to it mine seems to have more yellow going on.... Both very good looking guitars. I didn't like the slash truss rod cover i bought so I stole the one off my slash and put a blank one on the slash....
slash truss rod cover 01.jpg
faber bridge pieces 07.jpg
jb 59 kluson tuners 02.jpg

syco

Reaction score
Don't care about the name associated with it , but gonna eventually get a guitar in that color /flame pattern . One of these days .

And then a Green guitar .

Last edited:

Latest Threads