59 epiphone les paul reissue

frehleyfreak

Reaction score
hello everyone. i was wondering if anybody has played the epiphone 59 les paul reissue models. i thought about getting one, but i just wanted to know how well they sounded and played. thanks

Bluesyzep

Reaction score
Search around. There are a few different threads on it already.

Standard Andrew

Reaction score
What would you call it if you don't call it a re-issue? You can't call it a '59 as it's built in 2009/10. Epi 1959 Spec maybe? Epi 1959 Commemorative Edition?

Not arguing, just thinking out loud.

EtriX

Reaction score
I'd go for Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard, since that's its name. :laugh2:

Bandols

Reaction score
haha not going to have this debate again. :)

Well I have one and I love it. Very solid and great sounding.

It beats any gibson studio i have played and in my honest opinion the only upgrade i would take would be a gibson standard. Traditional maybe but this one is definitly one you would gig with and be the first off the wall in my house.

Electronics are all gibson and sound and work as if they were.

I have the iced tea and it is stunning in its looks

Hope this helps and ya there are a couple posts about this already but they were like a month ago.

JRSIV

Reaction score
Epiphone didn't make a Les Paul in 1959 to 'reissue'.

Ha Ha!!!...:rolleyes: More f***ing wine snob BS via semantics...great.

winesnob.jpg

emoney

Reaction score
ummmm....I thought it was the
"1959 Les Paul Tribute" model?
no?

EtriX

Reaction score
ummmm....I thought it was the
"1959 Les Paul Tribute" model?
no?

The tribute is more based on 1960 model (at epiphone market it so) and is made to pay tribute to Les working at Epiphone oh so many years ago.

ken374

Reaction score
great guitar thats all im going to say! lol

KP

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha Ha!!!...:rolleyes: More f***ing wine snob BS via semantics...great.

winesnob.jpg

No... just more dumb bullshit on your part. Calling a Mustang a F100 is not semantics. Do you really think Epi was making LPs in 1959? :shock: :wow:

JRSIV

Reaction score
No KP, Epiphone didn't make Les Pauls in 1959. Gibson did. Gibson has owned Epiphone since 1957, Les Paul worked closely with Epiphone and used Epiphone parts to build his first "Log" and to experiment with his guitar ideas.

The 1959 Epi LP is a tribute to Les Paul and the iconic '59 model. To most and to me Gibson and Epiphone are inextricably linked. Epiphone is the budget arm of Gibson yes, but shi**ing on them seems like a back door slam at Gibson.

What I think is lame is when a dude asks a simple question and you "Old Timer's" make like the class clown (quite badly at that) and take a swipe at Epiphone like you're too good to even field the question. Very wine snob IMO...

I love busting balls and giving people sh*t; I just try to do it with some tact and imagination. You wanna low ball unsuspecting guys just trying to get some info then I'll be there to give you a reciept. End of story.

Latest Threads