58 to 60 Dc junior weight range.

kpunk56

Reaction score
Just curious from low to high, what is the range of weight from lightest to heaviest on the DC juniors. 58 to 60

I have played a few that were super light and some that seemed heavier. I have been trying to find information, but every search that I do comes up with spec's on the burst standards.

Cav

Reaction score
Mine was 3.25kg, it was a Dc Cherry Jr.

Pete M

Reaction score
I'd say around 7lbs mark seems the norm. My DC special is 7lbs something as I recall. Mark's has a singlecut junior that's 9lbs 1 ounce! :run:

Droog

Reaction score
Mine is right around 7 pounds, the '58 DC. :shock:

Blacksheep

Reaction score
Here are mine:
58 Jr: 6lb 2oz
59 LP TV: 7lb 7oz
60 Jr: 7lb 8oz

The 58is the lightest DC I've ever played

kpunk56

Reaction score
Cool... I was mainly curious because I have a couple of copies that I modded the heck out of... And got to play a vintage 59 and realized it seemed much lighter... I think my copies are like 8 to almost 9 lbs... Still really cool guitars though ... and they sound good. I wish I had a real vintage one, but the prices are insane lately. I think I am going to do a kit build sometime in the near future. I LOVE JRs

loverocker

Reaction score
Late to this, but when I got my Jr out to photograph the cavity for another MLPer, the scales were right there, so I also weighed it: 7.12 pounds (3.23kg) for a '59 DC Jr.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Totally anecdotal, but I owned a 1960 Epiphone Wilshire for all of about 15 minutes that was hands down the lightest solid body guitar I've ever handled -- it was just nuts.

Got it at a guitar show back in the '90s for $6-700, knowing it had some sort of heel repair, but, in better light, realized it was full of dowels under a bursted-over heel area. Took it back to the seller and talked them into buying it back for maybe a $50 loss. I often wish I'd kept it, b/c it was functionally superb, but I ended up taking home a '64 Jazzmaster from the same show and I'm not sure, to this day, that I'd swap it for the Epiphone.

Sorry -- this is a near-useless comment, but I guess my point is that Gibson's slab mahogany at the time could be ridiculously lightweight, so these 6-7lbs Juniors don't surprise me at all.

Latest Threads