58 Explorer pickups experts?

Lolaviola

Reaction score
Am I crazy? But I want to find some like these for another guitar. Any recommendations?
I like the power and thickness. Would like little more definition and detail.

Lolaviola

Reaction score
The pickups are 57CH and HOTCH. The neck reads about 8k and the bridge is significantly hotter (12k?) It’s a 2016 and it plays great.

TH58Burst

Reaction score
I’m sorry, but could you please tell me what 57CH & HOTCH stand for? I’m at a loss.lol

LP1865

Reaction score
I’m sorry, but could you please tell me what 57CH & HOTCH stand for? I’m at a loss.lol
They are the names of the pickups.
Am I crazy? But I want to find some like these for another guitar. Any recommendations?
I like the power and thickness. Would like little more definition and detail.
I hate these. I just took a set out from my Epi Les Paul. Pathetic with no treble whatsoever. However, they can be improved. And its simple. However, if you like them, you like them, you like them. Just not for me.

Check this out:-

They can be had for very cheap. Make sure to buy a used set, as a lot of Chinese fakes are sold new on the market.
Here are some:-

I'm gonna keep mine, take off the cover, and try to brighten 'em up as stated in the above thread. They will be a base for me learning how humbuckers work.

Last edited:

DrBGood

Reaction score
I have a set of Hotch & 57CH in my LP Ultra and they sound great. No they are not overly treble, I have SG's and P90 guitars for that. I tried a set of Probuckers and one of Tyson Tone PAFs in it. The plane Jane Epi humbuckers sound better.

Neck is adjusted at 1/4" and bridge at 3/16"

Here's the same guitar with the OEM pups in it. Can't say they sound bad ?

Latest Threads