'54 reissue Black Beauty

Nugget

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried these?
TruthfullyI've never managed to get my hands on one but my gut feeling is I that I'm irresistably drawn to them and would be willing to straight swap my Polaris white 1965 SG special for one.

Axeman16

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i havent tried one, but i wuldnt get rid of a '65 sg for one. at best id sell the sg nd buy that and hav some cash left over.

Nugget

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, I may just do that. Some of those reissues are silly money for what they are.
Trouble is I'm afraid to take the SG out to gigs now. Someone tried to steal it a little while back and there's no point putting it under the bed.

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here is the 54 I have wanted for decades
[/IMG]

rastus

Reaction score
Don't trade the ol SG- I see these used for a little above 2 K once in a while. Atlanta Discount Music had a killer one for 2100 a couple months back. I'd at least sell that SG (it's worth at lest double the reissue or more, if original) and buy outright, pocketing the difference. Keep an eye peeled and offer 2 grand when you find a used one. I bet you'll get it.

Nugget

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I will sell it. The finish is very checked now but it still plays great and sounds astonishing.

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried these?
TruthfullyI've never managed to get my hands on one but my gut feeling is I that I'm irresistably drawn to them and would be willing to straight swap my Polaris white 1965 SG special for one.
Is yours like this one? With the Vibrola trem or what ever they called it. Or does it have the simple wrap bridge?

I have an 06 R4 Custom with the Alnico and P90. Nice player, killer tone, but I'm tiring of all the noises that the P90s pickup. Do you have problems with your P90s and electrical noises?
Love to see a pic of yours. Here's one of mine:

Harpozep

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here is the 54 I have wanted for decades
[/IMG]
Do, I just played one yesterday, These Oxblood reissues are great!:thumb:
I was so surprised at how well it intonated with the simple wrap tail:eek2::thumb:

A friend bought it and I went over with my LPs and we had a fun time passing them all around.

He is ecstatic with his purchase, and I'm real happy for him too.

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Do, I just played one yesterday, These Oxblood reissues are great!:thumb:
I was so surprised at how well it intonated with the simple wrap tail:eek2::thumb:

A friend bought it and I went over with my LPs and we had a fun time passing them all around.

He is ecstatic with his purchase, and I'm real happy for him too.
IF you can get around that very large neck, the rest is a breeze, I got a pretty big mitt, so its no major thing , One of the first ones I tried was at a Sam Ash Store in LA, but the thing was absent a front pickup, it had gone dead and they sent it back, they wouldnt sell it to me without, or let me pick my own front , but it sounded killer with the one pickup that was there,and the several amps I played it through , when ever I get mine, first mission will be new caps .
On the Intonation, Yep once you got the allen heads on the back set right then its flawless as long as you keep your neck tweaked right

Nugget

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is yours like this one? With the Vibrola trem or what ever they called it. Or does it have the simple wrap bridge?

I have an 06 R4 Custom with the Alnico and P90. Nice player, killer tone, but I'm tiring of all the noises that the P90s pickup. Do you have problems with your P90s and electrical noises?
Love to see a pic of yours. Here's one of mine:

It's just like that only in Polaris white. It's seen some action but just sounds stunning. I don't have any noise issues with it unless I'm standing next to the TV. Even then it's not bad. There are pics on this forum:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/attachments/vintage-sg/20d1176835574-ok-all-you-les-paul-sg-people-bringum-0-sg-special-006a.jpg

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/attachments/vintage-sg/21d1176835672-ok-all-you-les-paul-sg-people-bringum-0-sg-special-008a.jpg

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/attachments/vintage-sg/22d1176835782-ok-all-you-les-paul-sg-people-bringum-0-sg-special-007a.jpg

Love that Custom BB. You're torturing me now......
Spence

Latest Threads