54-55? Found on Facebook....

MiniB

Reaction score
Page no longer exists. Where was it kept, buried in a barn?

Deftone

Reaction score
Posts in the comments from the (apparent) owner:

"It was given to me, found in a storage unit by an ex girlfriend "

"It was found in a storage unit without a case, basically just leaning up against the wall for who knows how long.. Ive had it for about 4 years just sitting on a guitar stand at my house just the way you see it in the pics. I haven't messed with it in any way "

"Thanks everyone for the interest and the offers. I'm not sure what I'm going to do right at this moment. I'd like to look into getting it minimally restored just to get it to function and play with all the patina and aging left alone. Im probably going to contact Gibson directly and see what they have to say. Thanks again"

Deftone

Reaction score
Page no longer exists. Where was it kept, buried in a barn?
I'm still seeing it posted on the FB "Gibson Les Paul" group. He might have taken it down or blocked? Not sure.

Pete M

Reaction score
It looks legit, and fixable from here. Although I'm not a huge fan of massive seam issues in the top. It looks like it was kept somewhere VERY damp for a LONG time.

judson

Reaction score
God Almighty. Why ... WHY can't I come across stuff like that?

IT'S NOT FAIR!
i know..i have been looking for crap like that to buy for months and willing to pay stupid money for it......and stories like that pop up maybe every 6 months or so......

i found $20 in a grocery store once...and the only thing a girlfriend gave me was herpes....:slap:

Last edited:

Roxy13

Reaction score
Twice I've found vintage Gibsons on FB or CL. One was that 1960 one here that was in a blanket in grandpa's closet. He initially listed that as "Gipson guitar, $175". Needless to say he realized something was up with it when I and a ton of others messaged him suddenly.

So far my best find was a matched pair of Maxon Dry Z pickups that were in a project guitar I brought over from Japan. That guitar would not have come with those; someone put them in there and then over the years they were forgotten about I guess. Those pickups are worth more than any guitar I own apparently.

d1m1

Reaction score
Wow i love it! Great guitar! So cool barn find!

Latest Threads