'53 conversion / Playing Jimmy as I sing Plant

Fracture

Reaction score
it's weird, seeing the blend of JP but hearing what is close to Plant (def not easy)
need another visual for the Plant part, some separation
everybody tries to recreate MSG '73

You play in a tribute band ?

Pete M

Reaction score
I think you've got two perfectly good legs there doing absolutely nothing. You could at least kick those drums in the style of John Bonham. I don't know how you work John Paul Jones into it, but no one knew he was there anyway half the time. If you did SIBLY you could maybe headbutt a piano or poke it with you wang while you sing?

Xrun Morzov

Reaction score
I like your playing more than singing, but hell, I can't sing even 1/10 like that!
Can we see close-ups of your conversion and hear the story behind it?!

dice.K

Reaction score
Thank you guys!!

And no, it's not a wig(≧∇≦)

This is my '53 conversion.
At the very first time I met her, the sound of hers wasn't that good as she is right now. I had her refretted, reinstalled the ABR-1, the tailpiece, and the pickups, and here she is!!

With my 1974 Marshall 1959
IMG_5662.JPG
IMG_3419.JPG
IMG_3077.JPG

Last edited:

Xrun Morzov

Reaction score
Yes, really cool guitar! Seems it did have a Bigsby once.

fernieite

Reaction score
Yeah - good stuff! Can we see some more pics of your conversion?

Hey, aren't you playing your Les Paul a little lower than Page? I didn't know that was possible! :applause:

Last edited:

jerry47

Premium Member
Reaction score
I keep waiting for Simon Cowell
You clearly have talent im getting the feeling you need to choose 1 of the 2 either, singing or guitar playing.
When doing both i get the feeling we are not getting 100% of either one.
I see your in Japan (I Think) that's a plus for you ....you would have a much harder time selling this in the states.
It's always hard to watch somebody trying to do Jimmy Page.. His movement if not executed perfectly can look foolish on the performer
trying to emulate him. And almost embarrassing for the person watching. If your gonna try to do this as an act I think you need to polish the act a little more, If it's just for fun Great job man!! Peace...

Last edited:

dice.K

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. Thanks to all of you guys.

Honestly speaking, It was kind of scary posting my video in public, but hey, I realized that I could learn a lot of things not only from compliments but from criticism, too!

I really really appreciate all the comments. Thank you all SO much.

Just for the information, I don't play in a tribute band. I do this just for fun.
I do play in a band, but most of the songs we play are our original songs. And believe it or not, although I'm obsessed with Led Zeppelin for decades, I hadn't played any Led Zeppelin songs in a band until last month! I went to this Led Zeppelin tribute event in Tokyo, and that was the first time playing/singing Led Zeppelin songs in front of "real" people. Yes I did have a lot of fun. It was amazing. When I decided to join the event, I was so excited I even made costumes for it lol

'73 MSG Plant costume
IMG_0550.JPG

'73 MSG Page spacy suit
IMG_0574.JPG

Note: The guitar in the pic; the guitar I played at the event wasn't the '53 conversion. I brought my Custom Shop Eric Clapton Model. She's not actually EC Model anymore though lol. I had her refinished, top reshaped, and the most of all...RENECKED!!!
Due to the fine Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard and the fine Honduras Mahogany neck, she sounds like 80% '50s(≧∇≦)

Last edited:

dice.K

Reaction score
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG
The bridge which was once installed was not Bigsby, I suppose. Judging by the repair marks on the bottom and the square spot left from the fading. And no, there are no holes on the top. Neither it was a '53 original trapeze tailpiece that was installed after the refinishing because there is a unique rectangular spot in middle of the bridge and the rear end. It's almost faded away, so it's pretty hard to recognize now. But it was much clearer when I got her three years ago.

Last edited:

joff

Reaction score
What is the story with having the Custom Shop 'Beano' Les Paul re-finished and re-necked...was the neck broken?

Did you keep the original pickups in it?