52 things every father should teach his son

Status
Not open for further replies.

DADGAD

Reaction score
I agree on the firm handshake part. I don't like limp handshakes. And make eye contact when giving a firm handshake too.

Engel

Reaction score
Don't worry where I'm concerned. I managed to get through 57 years of life with the upbringing I had without help or concern from you, and consider myself extremely lucky for being blessed with fantastic parents.

I don't need you to worry about me. You can run along and worry about something else.

:wave:

Boorstin said it best:

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

If my concerns about your upbringing and whoever else's that were in accordance with this list offends you, so it goes.

Ask yourself why my contradiction to your values offends you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. If you believe pulling out is a valid form of contraception, then, to be frank, you're wrong.

Namelyguitar

Reaction score
Let's see, and in no particular order...

1. Not to act like an A**hat in public.
2. To respect himself and any other people he encounters in life.
3. To respect women in public, and in private-because they are people, too.
4. That everyone playing a sport does not earn, or deserve a trophy.
5. That the turn signal on a car is necessary, and not simply decoration.
6. To avoid any bad habits behind the wheel-driving is a privilege, not a right.
7. Designated drivers are important, and a taxi is the next best thing.
8. Rules and laws keep our society sane, do not start a habit of going around them, or ignoring them. Those that do are part of the problem that makes laws necessary on the books.
9. Never burn bridges in terms of workplace relationships.
10. Stabbing others in the back in workplace relationships is a mistake, and burns bridges.
11. If one of his employees has difficulty getting along with anyone in the workplace-anger management classes may be necessary for the offender.
12. Asking his father about his health, friends, and welfare is as important as breathing.

WholeLottaIzzy

Reaction score
After going through this list once more, it is total bull****. This guy has a total inferiority complex. People, please do not raise your sons according to this list.

I think a many of you here wouldn't need parenting advice from a jack hole like this. We're musicians, were smarter than this.

I'd like to give my .02.

I instilled a love of reading in my son. He is an amazing reader, and reads more than anyone in his class. Also, I have him enrolled in martial arts.

No. We're musicians because we're not smarter than this!

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Boorstin said it best:

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

If my concerns about your upbringing and whoever else's that were in accordance with this list offends you, so it goes.

Ask yourself why my contradiction to your values offends you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. If you believe pulling out is a valid form of contraception, then, to be frank, you're wrong.

No, you're wrong. That's my opinion. And your opinion is just that; an opinion, not a fact. One that you're most entitled to, and one that I'm most happily entitled to ignore. Plus, you don't need to put words in my mouth. I never, ever said what you wrote offends me. It's not worth the energy of an offense to me.

So, like I said upthread; don't waste one more second of your time worrying about me or my upbringing. It won't change a thing because I, and the others close to me, are quite satisfied with the way I turned out.

In fact, don't even reply to this response. It would serve nothing except to waste my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads