50s wiring with push/pull pots??

goldtop56

Reaction score
im gonna re-wire my new epi and it has push/pull pots so my question is would i just re-wire it the same as my 56GT which doesnt have push/pull pots i have never really dealt with push/pull pots before so not sure what im doing with them wiring wise

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Same wiring, regardless if they are push/pulls or not :)

goldtop56

Reaction score
lovely so im guessing that there will be 4 wires from the pups so how do i get the coil splitting have you got a decent diagram? i had a quick look in the control cavity but it looks like spaghetti junction in there the guy who owned it before me said he had the pickups proffesionaly installed dont know who he went to whoever it was should be ashamed for leaving the wiring in such a state!!

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
lovely so im guessing that there will be 4 wires from the pups so how do i get the coil splitting have you got a decent diagram? i had a quick look in the control cavity but it looks like spaghetti junction in there the guy who owned it before me said he had the pickups proffesionaly installed dont know who he went to whoever it was should be ashamed for leaving the wiring in such a state!!

Email me. I'll send you a full color PDF of our diagram.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

VERY few "professionals" are competent with electronics sadly.

etzeppy

Reaction score
Which Epi are you looking to modify? I have the Tribute Plus with two push/pulls for series/parallel. I would kind of like to wire in a 3rd push/pull for out-of-phase but I'm not sure I want to mess with it. That would be a unique hybrid between the two push/pull and four push/pull configurations I have found. Not entirely sure how/if that would work. Also, if I add a 3rd push/pull, should I go ahead and add a 4th for the full Jimmy Page circuit? However, that might require a complete rewire. Now we are getting into a lot of work with questionable return.

goldtop56

Reaction score
im rewiring my standard that i just got

newepi.jpg

By sbray83 at 2012-08-30

its aqll ready got 2 push/pull pots to split the humbuckers and make them single coils i just want to put in the 50s wiring setup to improve the sound im not interested in the peter green circuit its just not what im looking for but good luck with all the mobs

[email protected] i will email you in 2 ticks and thanks in advance for your help :)

nibb100

Reaction score
sorry to but in,
with the jimmy page style wiring do you still use shielded cable from the 3 way? and is it ok to solder it to the top of the push pull pot?

goldtop56

Reaction score
apology accepted lol cant see why you wouldnt beable to solder to the top of pot im sure my existing wiring is soldered to the top of the push pull pots. as for the jimmy page stuff........ im clueless lol again i cant see wh you couldnt use shielded cable :)

nibb100

Reaction score
thanks, it was just the heat needed to solder the shield and the top looks a bit thin, I didn't want to damage the switch

g8tr

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
"lovely so im guessing that there will be 4 wires from the pups so how do i get the coil splitting have you got a decent diagram? i had a quick look in the control cavity but it looks like spaghetti junction in there the guy who owned it before me said he had the pickups proffesionaly installed dont know who he went to whoever it was should be ashamed for leaving the wiring in such a state!!"

Email me. I'll send you a full color PDF of our diagram.

Matt at Martin Six String will give you a free PDF, in color, if what you are doing doesn't work out.

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh oh Ric, look at the date of the thread. :naughty:

I bet you were trying to get that info to mondomojo and that would help him a great deal.

g8tr

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
Oh oh Ric, look at the date of the thread. :naughty:

I bet you were trying to get that info to mondomojo and that would help him a great deal.

Yeah, necroposting tonight, was watching Florida vs. Kentucky and didn't look at the date.

mondomojo

Reaction score
Matt at Martin Six String will give you a free PDF, in color, if what you are doing doesn't work out.
Are you telling me to contact Matt or is that the wrong link? I'm confuzzled.

SJM

Epi Elitist Freak
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can scroll back up to martin6string, click on his user name and send him a PM.

Latest Threads