5 wire Probuckers

Max Max

Reaction score
I have a pair of Epiphone Probuckers lying around but my current LP doesn't have the board to plug the quick connects into. How would I wire these if I snipped the plugs off and soldered them directly, with NO coiltap?
Yes I used the search function, lots of good information but not an exact answer to my question. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
Stealing the pic from another forum:
181648-a9696104a5decd17a0ddec1bbe255202.png

What you need to do is twist green and white together (north finish/south finish) and tape that off with electricians tape and/or hide it in heat shrink tubing etc..

For standard LP wiring, red goes to the hot lug of your volume pot, and shield and ground (the bare wire + black) goes to wherever you solder all your ground points. Hope that helps!

p.s. btw, it's coil split, not coil tap. I'm sure you'll get a lot of people replying about just that point and not your actual question.

efstop

What the hell's wrong with you?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut the legs off two capacitors. Trim one leg to size for a jumper from green to white on the plug, solder the other three to the shield and pot.Slip some shrink tubing over them, and insert the other ends into the appropriate locations on the plug.

I wired a Gibson pickup in that way once so as not to cut off the plug.

Max Max

Reaction score
Stealing the pic from another forum:
View attachment 601745

What you need to do is twist green and white together (north finish/south finish) and tape that off with electricians tape and/or hide it in heat shrink tubing etc..

For standard LP wiring, red goes to the hot lug of your volume pot, and shield and ground (the bare wire + black) goes to wherever you solder all your ground points. Hope that helps!

p.s. btw, it's coil split, not coil tap. I'm sure you'll get a lot of people replying about just that point and not your actual question.
The surgery seems to have been a success, thanks a lot!

Latest Threads