5 things you didn't know about your Fender Strat

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxdfKixydUo[/ame]

Reactions: Who

Roshy Boy

Reaction score
It was a well made video and good tips for people who aren't familiar with Strats.

The good thing about Strats and Teles is, they are easy to work on. And generally speaking, easy to figure out fixes and adjustments through trial and error. He may have helped speed up the process for some people.

Shortscale

Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't worked on a strat in years. I got a few takeaways from it...

Does filling the block springs take away that natural reverb thing that strats have? I would think that's part of the attraction of a strat to begin with.

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had no clue about the stickers over the tremolo holes

Also liked the string nut slots trick

Phil W

Reaction score
"Some guys hit their knob when they are strumming."
(Courtesy of Beavis & Butthead.)

Phil W

Reaction score
What bugs me is that yes, the sticker holds the spring in but the strat won't fit in a case with the arm attached and by then the sticker is gone so where do I store the damn spring to avoid losing the tiny thing?!

Shortscale

Premium Member
Reaction score
Based on that video I bought a bag of those springs on Amazon. I was wondering what I would do with so many but they will start getting lost I'm sure.

SGMM

Reaction score
What bugs me is that yes, the sticker holds the spring in but the strat won't fit in a case with the arm attached and by then the sticker is gone so where do I store the damn spring to avoid losing the tiny thing?!
Cut a small circle out of a refrigerator magnet...keeps spring in place when bar is removed

Stevie 202

Reaction score
It bugged too me for a while until I lost it and realized I didn't need the damn thing anyway.

YMMV

Telechamp

Reaction score
It bugged too me for a while until I lost it and realized I didn't need the damn thing anyway.

YMMV
Actually, you do need it if you want your Strat trem bar to stay in place where you put it..

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
A bud who has/has had many Strats over many years just recently learned that there supposed to be a spring in there, too (I was shocked when he told me, as well); after 40+ years, he now uses the whammy bar on his Strats, which he had always found worthless before.

And the magnet trick is great; I'll pass it on to him (and remember for when a Strat graces my wall).