$499 Epiphone Limited Edition 2014 Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar

MickMal

Reaction score
Bona1.jpeg

Bona2.jpeg I found a new (but floor model) Epiphone Limited Edition 2014 Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar (pelham blue) for $499.00. Except for first guitar (BC Rich in 1988), I have never purchased a new guitar and was planning to buy a used Tribute Plus.

However, this Bonamassa caught my eye and I will have to drive quite far to play the Bonamassa and wanted to ask for any feedback from owners or even people who have played this guitar. Judging from the photos it looks like a sweet looking guitar.

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
you have to like the completely different neck, compared to the Tribute+.....:wave:

El Kabong

Reaction score
The Bonamassas are really great guitars with really nice specs. The big difference between it and the T+ is the neck. The 60's slim taper neck of the T+ is tiny compared to the chunky neck of the Bonamassa. That would probably be the deciding factor (except for available colors) as the rest of the specs are pretty close. :cheers:

MickMal

Reaction score
I've played thicker necks and don't mind them and will compare the neck specs on the Tribute and Bonamassa. Thanks.

rem22

Reaction score
congratz, I like the JB I could have one.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
$499 is a good price if it's not shop-worn. I love mine, has lots of "bark" when you dig in, yet you could use it as a jazz guitar with the neck pickup and the tone rolled back a bit. I much prefer the bigger neck as opposed to the Slim Taper, but then, I have dexterity problems brought on by nerve damage and can't close my fingers as far anymore.

MickMal

Reaction score
I just purchased the guitar. I believe they have one more available so if anyone wants one for $499 plus CA sales tax please message me and I will provide the details/contact person.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Very cool! You made a good decision. Now, we just need some pics!:thumb:

JayFreddy

Reaction score
DAG NABBIT! :shock: I thought this was going to be a thread about a Bonamassa blow out sale!

The Epi JB in Pelham blue is one of the last Epis on my wish list.

I like thick necks AND thin necks, depends on my mood. I like Burstbucker pickups too, so I know I'd love the Bonamassa...

Just waiting for Fate to guide one into my grubby lil' paws! :naughty:

irie

Reaction score
congrats on the new guitar man, how about some pics though :)

Vortex

Reaction score
HNGD! Awesome guitar. Play mine constantly.

BDW60

Reaction score
I've played thicker necks and don't mind them and will compare the neck specs on the Tribute and Bonamassa. Thanks.

It's not just the specs of the Epi Bonamassa necks -- it's the shape. I had one and have played a few others and they were consistent. Not only big measurements, but a D shape with big shoulders that IMO makes it play bigger than it actually is -- and it is big.

The guitar was really well made for the price point, though, and if you like the neck you'll probably be pleased.

Parasite68

Reaction score
If you're not too late, go ahead and gas up the car and enjoy the long ride! The guitar just like everybody here, I agree on every high point. I actually own the Pelham Blue, GT, and now the Iverness Green! Great price, outstanding guitar. I'd go so far to say that all 3 Bonomassa models along with Ace Frehleys Budokan have raised the bar for Epiphone! And I'll go on record that all four of those guitars played thru the right amps will knock a snot bubble out of the nose of the chick sitting in the back of the arena you're playing while she's too busy texting someone insignificant! :)

MickMal

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the guitar..

Attachments

• IMG_3735.jpg
    IMG_3735.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3741.jpg
    IMG_3741.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_3742.jpg
    IMG_3742.jpg