46 shot, 4 killed. this weekend's chicago body count.

Olds442

Reaction score

CHICAGO —At least 46 people were shot across Chicago this weekend, with the youngest victim being an 8-year-old girl.
Four of those 46 people were killed.
In one of the shootings, 8-year-old Abrianna Barron was at a family barbecue Sunday when she was shot in leg after occupants of a blue Dodge Charger drove-by and fired shots on the 1000 block of N. Monticello in the Humboldt Park neighborhood.
She was taken to Lurie Children's Hospital in good condition and is now recovering at home. No one is in custody at this time. Area North detectives are investigating the shooting.

Just another typical summer Monday morning in chicago, videos of grandmothers crying in the front lawns are way too common here. The "up" side to this story is that last year on this weekend the numbers were almost double what they were this year.

Stay safe everyone.

Olds442

Reaction score
hearing reports that a police car was fired upon around 3AM Sunday AM.

Rando375

Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
News flash to those unaware.

This has been a constant in Chicago and Baltimore for years. No exaggeration, just fact.
Think about the same group of politicians screaming for new gun laws after every highly publiced gun incident. Ask yourself why aren't they screaming about this? Because the same group crying gun control is, and has been, in charge of these cities for decades. And again, why aren't they on the national news bringing attention to these deaths? Because it's bad press and would highlight the failure of the exact same type policies they're pushing onto the entire country.

It's politics, pure & simple. And the common people are expendable unless good press can be made of it. Think about the phrase "you never want a serious crisis go to waste" and who used it in recent years.

This is why 2nd Amendment supporters are adament in this fight.

Last edited:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Gun Free Zones, Weapon Bans and other Prohibited Gun Ownership are working out really well for them, I see.

No wonder people are screaming, crying and protesting with butthurt to enact that nationwide.

What a great solution!

Rando375

Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score

Rando375

Silver Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love Gaga, but this is only a "make me feel better" publicity stunt, that will accomplish essentially... ZERO.
At least she's doing more than just jacking her jaw like the rest. Not sure what all funding a classroom entails but she's covering 162 of them

"fund 14 classrooms in Dayton, 23 in Gilroy, and 125 in El Paso."

Oh and she needs to lose that black beret. She didn't earn it @LtDave32

Dun Ringill

Premium Member
Reaction score
The 20000 gun laws we have in effect across the country are doing such a great job!!

I like Texas' approach to the issue. I have included the CNN article for the sensitives out there!

rxbandit

Reaction score
I love Gaga, but this is only a "make me feel better" publicity stunt, that will accomplish essentially... ZERO.
:laugh2:

They can't win.

People complain about celebs not putting their money where their mouth is.

A celeb does exactly that - "IT"S A PUBLICITY STUNT! WON'T CHANGE A THING!"

160+ classrooms fully funded. I'm dating a 6th grade teacher, I know if she was to get her classroom fully funded for supplies (which we went shopping for last night and she paid out of pocket) she'd cry out of sheer happiness and gratitude. We gotta start somewhere.

Hatefulsob

Reaction score
My perception (and I certainly could be wrong, do not hesitate to correct me) on the rampant Chicago shootings is that they are largely isolated to gang members shooting other gang members. The little girl mentioned above being a collateral victim which of course angers and saddens everyone. But given the ongoing sh#tstorm of day to day life that comes the times that we’re living in, many people just don’t get too upset when they hear about a career criminal getting shot/killed. In the 1920’s it was primarily white Italian guys, today more commonly young black males (people seem to conveniently forget how all those white hoodlums behaved ninety years ago, strange, isn’t it)? I am perhaps a callous jerk but that’s the truth of it, there’s just too much crime, unfairness, heartache, cruelty and injustice in this world for me to be outraged when an armed criminal is taken out by another criminal, who may likely be taken out when the other criminals find out He took out the first guy.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:laugh2:

They can't win.

People complain about celebs not putting their money where their mouth is.

A celeb does exactly that - "IT"S A PUBLICITY STUNT! WON'T CHANGE A THING!"

160+ classrooms fully funded. I'm dating a 6th grade teacher, I know if she was to get her classroom fully funded for supplies (which we went shopping for last night and she paid out of pocket) she'd cry out of sheer happiness and gratitude. We gotta start somewhere.
Here's the thing.... I could give a rat's ass what any "celebrity" does, or does not. A big part of what is wrong in this world is that far too many people spend far too much time caring about celebrities.

Those people should get a fucking life. And celebs should STFU and just do their fucking job... entertain me -- then go home.

I hope Gaga's "gift" also included thoughts & prayers, too.

Olds442

Reaction score
My perception (and I certainly could be wrong, do not hesitate to correct me) on the rampant Chicago shootings is that they are largely isolated to gang members shooting other gang members.
not as much as you think. it's a geography/turf problem.

we closed a lot of public housing which forced those that chose to remain in the city, into two neighborhoods, Lawndale and Austin. They've been a powder keg ever since but in the summer it spans into bigger areas.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Here's the thing.... I could give a rat's ass what any "celebrity" does, or does not. A big part of what is wrong in this world is that far too many people spend far too much time caring about celebrities.

Those people should get a fucking life. And celebs should STFU and just do their fucking job... entertain me -- then go home.

I hope Gaga's "gift" also included thoughts & prayers, too.
She's doing more than you or I or anyone on this forum I wager. I appreciate what she's doing, I don't care that she's a celebrity. If anyone was that charitable I'd view them extremely positively.