joff

Reaction score
If you have any cassette tapes, my 2003 Golf loves them! :rofl:

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
I still buy CDs. Lots of albums you simply can’t buy in non-lossy formats, today. I don’t want MP3s or other lossy stuff. CDs are as good as it gets for anything that wasn’t released on vinyl or some well cared for digital download package.

Looking for Dokken “Under Lock & Key” presently. Probably more. Got a list?

zdoggie

Reaction score
I once mentioned particular guitar I wanted to sell and was reprimanded for it .

zdog

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once mentioned particular guitar I wanted to sell and was reprimanded for it .

zdog
Depends on how and what forum it was done in.
Different forum, I posted a "putting out feelers" thread. I honestly didn't know what an item was worth or if there was any interest.
It was very quickly deleted and I had a nasty PM from a mod (whom I thought was a friend) saying that the post was "spammy" and if I wanted to sell something, put it in the proper classifieds section and put a price on it.

Apparently OP has decided not to sell them here, despite plenty of interest expressed.

80smetalhead

Reaction score
I sold 3,000 perfect condition CD’s and DVD’s to a music store about 5 years ago and got $300 for them. It felt like a win because it was more than I expected and I got back half a wall in my garage.:applause:

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I occasionally buy good condition and even some new CD's....

I love having physical and the original releases of music when possible.

And the audio quality alone is worth the price.

I can rip whatever I want right into my Itunes for portability.....

I still burn mix CD's as well, I'll touch 'em up in Sound Forge......

Some music just shouldn't be heard in MP3 or in shitty,down sampled Bluetooth format....

My work truck has a decent high powered deck in it with decent Kenwood 6.5 coaxials.....its one of those perfect matches.....it won't massively thump.....but has good volume and headroom.

Very balanced and warm sounding system.....CD's sound good on it.

Definately better than my Ipod......

So yeah....I still do CD's
Agreed about some albums should NOT be MP3.

One I burned onto a stick, in a lossless format, is the mono version of The Beatles' 'Revolver'.
It is a very different listen than the stereo version.

Porscheman

Reaction score
My new truck has no CD player … it sux big time… I’m stuck with two stupid radio stations that play 30 commercials even in commuter traffic … bastards… and I’m not paying for subscription radio…

so traffic noise it is…
Most newer radios have Bluetooth, so if yours does you can route your phone through it and also play anything you want from your phone, either from your old CDs ripped to MP3 files, free streaming music services, or endless radio stations and podcasts on any subject. A less desirable alternative, that I used on an old antique car, is to get a cheap Bluetooth speaker and plug it into your cigarette lighter and connect it to your phone with Bluetooth. Some of them work really well.

pmonk

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in 2016 you could buy a Onkyo C-7030 CD player for $180 (I bought two)

They were by far the best CD players in the market at the time. They now go for twice the price.

I have well over 300+ CD's and literally 500+ bootlegs (Zep, Floyd, Dead, etc...) and I always play CD's. Just more practically than reel-to-reel, cassette and turntables

Latest Threads