Reaction score
delete
can`t deal with this.

Last edited:

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also say don't sell. Take a step back and relax a bit and give it a week to think

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
I second (Well, third or 4th technically) the don’t sell.

If, however, you are dead set, post prices or the the thread will get yanked.

I’d say GLWS, but I hope you don’t, so....

judson

Reaction score
a guitar in my hands is the only thing that makes me laugh at all the shit life throws at me...

because my ability to play one is the thing they cant take away....

keep a few things, its not your gear, its life turds.....happens

warprider

Reaction score
You need time to work through the stations. You're in grief & anger. Take a step away from the gear & get a better perspective in a few weeks.

steviemac

Reaction score
I won't discourage nor encourage you to take action. While you're feeling incredibly fed up right now, perhaps you were due for a "correction" of some sort anyway. These latest events could be the opportunity you needed to reflect on the direction of things and to consider doing a reset. I'm old enough that I've been in your present position a few times now and I can honestly say that those experiences ultimately steered me towards greater contentment.

Sell, don't sell, it doesn't really matter in the end. I believe this could be a significant opportunity for you and I encourage you to view it as such. Regardless, I sincerely wish you the best in sorting it all out.

Last edited:

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I won't discourage nor encourage you to take action. While you're feeling incredibly fed up right now, perhaps you were due for a "correction" of some sort anyway. These latest events could be the opportunity you needed to reflect on the direction of things and to consider doing a reset. I'm old enough that I've been in your present position a few times now and I can honestly say that those experiences ultimately steered me towards greater contentment.

Sell, don't sell, it doesn't really matter in the end. I believe this could be a significant opportunity for you and I encourage you to view it as such. Regardless, I sincerely wish you the best in sorting it all out.
That's a really good post! I agree with him Robert. Always darkest before the dawn. Make a plan and work it.

I won't vote on the sell or don't sell. I wouldn't sell it all, but I'm not as against the idea as some.

Hang tough bud. You've got a lot of friends here!!!!

Curious George

Reaction score
Bob... so very sorry to hear... imho best not to make that decision while you are in pain... do it with a clear head and for the right reasons and likelihood of regrets will be small.

penguinchit

Reaction score
This is how you can tell this place is family. Any other place and the vultures would swoop down. Here, we want Bob to make decision with rational thinking because we care about our brothers and sisters. You guys are pretty okay in my book.

I'm with the rest Bobbo...Don't sell anything until shit clears from the storm.

BKS

Reaction score
If i lived near you and had the cash i would buy all of it and keep it till you can think straight again. Than sell it back to you, no regrets. Cool down, take time to grieve and think it over.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Been there brother. Think it through carefully but I don’t believe for a second that whatever decision you make will be met with anything but understanding from the members here.

Good luck with whatever decision you settle on that’s right for you.

agquake

Reaction score
Let the guy purge if it's going to be therapeutic. Musical equipment isn't very hard to come by if he decides to take it up again in the future.

JTPhinney

Reaction score
I am beyond disgusted with my life right now.
The loss of my best friend(see other thread) and Fedex damaging another guitar that I probaly will not see a penny from, I`m selling everything and getting away from everything that produces pain in my life.
I may be over reacting but RIGHT NOW I am serious.
Old Les Paul Custom...Black
Les Paul Heritage 80
1974, 75 or 76 Ibanez LP
All the parts to build MY ultimate tele/partscaster.
1972 Yamaha acoustic(once owned by Rickie Lee Jones).
ALL info will be disclosed/discussed via email.
Email me at robertholt64@yahoo.com.
ALL photos will be sent via text ONLY.
Email me for any questions.
I will not be checking this or any other site.
That`s just the way it is.
I`m extremely pissed off and don`t really care about much so if you are interested, this is how it will be done.
If not, move on.
2 weeks and everything goes to GC or Ash because like I said, I really no longer care.

Admin, if you have an issue with this post, sorry. Just delete it if that is the case.
Robert, You can always sell... so unless you need the money, I would suggest you hold off. Put your gear out of sight and don't think about it... as if you sold it. In a year or two what's in the closet may be worth even more!
It is always darkest just before the dawn... God Bless you!

yamariv

Reaction score
Caretaker.. Go easy on yourself and take some time to heal.. Most of us grown men have lost pets and cried for weeks, you're definitely not alone.. It hurts like heck but you have to grieve and remember that you gave your dog the best life you could of and that's all you can do. One day you'll think back and smile at the times you shared, hang in there!

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry.
Work emergency. I have to go do another shift at the hospital.
I returned all legitimate emails.
To those few bottom feeders that offered pennies on the dollar, there is a special place in hell for you.
Why not just post prices on your gear? That's part of the deal anyway when selling here, and you would get better results and less insults pricing wise, I'm sure.

It sucks losing a pet man...believe me, been there, done that a few times over, but you also have to know, they don't live forever. It looks like from the pictures you gave that little one the best life possible. Grieving is a natural part of the process, and you should allow yourself that, but, it's probably best not to make decisions like this when the wound is fresh. Give yourself some time, and don't make bad worse.

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score

Great post here, among many great and heartfelt replies. I posted in your thread in the Backstage. All I wish for you is peace and sweet memories of Scooby. From where that poor little dog started, you gave him the life of a prince; and he returned unconditional love to you. That is a beautiful thing and wonderfully altruistic. You both thrived and loved together. I know that doesn't make it easier, but it will in time.

I wish you peace brother. Peace of heart and piece of mind.