41% of American believe humans and dinosaurs lived together?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteK

Reaction score
Lol. No I've been me since 08. How about you?
Oh, my bad. Nevermind. I didn't recognize your username. I thought you were someone else, but I can't remember their name. Anyways, I've never changed my username. Never even changed my avatar honestly. I'm kinda boring that way.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
So, you mean to tell me that the Flintstones cartoons WEREN'T based on actual events?:shock:

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Premium Member
Reaction score
You seem to think I'm here to convince someone of something, or that I don't believe in science. I'm not looking to overturn anything, my point was you can't prove that dinosaurs and humans didn't coexist. It's unlikely, but you don't really know.

Do I actually think people and dinosaurs really lived together?
That doesn't matter.
You say this:

Gravity is a real, measurable force happening now. We can prove it because we can check our calculations against it. It started as a theory, and no longer is.
This statement is incorrect. Gravity is a theory and always will be. Electricity is a theory as well.

lunchie

Reaction score
Depends on you definition of dinosaurs whether 41% of people are crazy or smarter then the other 59%. Do we count things like the Aligator or Sturgeon or just the T-Rex?

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah. As a recent employee for the democratic party, I happen to know, that despite the results of this midterm being typical of a midterm, the actual campaign efforts were insane. As in near presidential election level, across the country. Voter contact was way up. And all the nice people that all of us spoke to, collectively, elected teabaggers, who don't understand how taxes should work on a state level, and that believe in ideas that science has completely dis-proven. I genuinely don't mean to get too political - my issue isn't partisan so much as it is that the people who beat some genuinely hard-working, good candidates (some of whom I know personally), well... They're just uneducated. In the debates, their answers didn't make sense. The way they carried themselves was generally rather arrogant, and too matter of fact, for people who don't have a lot of hard facts to prove anything they're saying. I'm scared over here.

Tl;dr we have people who make laws for us that think the earth is 6000 years old and that humans must've survived the extinction of dinosaurs that carbon dating can't prove was long before we existed, which was much longer than 6000 years ago. And we should be really worried about that.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
I'm not looking to overturn anything, my point was you can't prove that dinosaurs and humans didn't coexist. It's unlikely, but you don't really know.
Just popped in to see what this thread was about..:laugh2:

Correct.. Nobody here can 100% prove to you that man didn't walk with dinosaurs any more than you or anyone else here can prove they did.

End of story really..

Bye..:wave:

tinman402

Reaction score
Yeah. As a recent employee for the democratic party, I happen to know, that despite the results of this midterm being typical of a midterm, the actual campaign efforts were insane. As in near presidential election level, across the country. Voter contact was way up. And all the nice people that all of us spoke to, collectively, elected teabaggers, who don't understand how taxes should work on a state level, and that believe in ideas that science has completely dis-proven. I genuinely don't mean to get too political - my issue isn't partisan so much as it is that the people who beat some genuinely hard-working, good candidates (some of whom I know personally), well... They're just uneducated. In the debates, their answers didn't make sense. The way they carried themselves was generally rather arrogant, and too matter of fact, for people who don't have a lot of hard facts to prove anything they're saying. I'm scared over here.

Tl;dr we have people who make laws for us that think the earth is 6000 years old and that humans must've survived the extinction of dinosaurs that carbon dating can't prove was long before we existed, which was much longer than 6000 years ago. And we should be really worried about that.
Yep and a bunch of them been there more than 20 years.. It says to me the public is the problem they seem to dumb or just to tuned out to know what idiots they are sending to represent them.. :dude:

Nothing political about it, nothing about parties. Both have problems.

Follow the money.. ALWAYS

to stay on the dinosaur topic... Strom Thurmond

Chilli

Reaction score
Fortunately scientific study does prove, way beyond doubt, that dinosaurs and humans never walked the earth together.

Lets face it, it's a lot easier to read a load of fiction and make up a far fetched belief than it is to study day in and day out for years.

Ignorant, bigoted, blinkered and when taught to kids as fact, abusive.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
You seem to think I'm here to convince someone of something, or that I don't believe in science. I'm not looking to overturn anything, my point was you can't prove that dinosaurs and humans didn't coexist. It's unlikely, but you don't really know.
And my point, all along, has been that science doesn't "prove" anything, and that by insisting that it cannot make a reasonable claim without "proof", you're promulgating a false conception of science. The fact that you use the phrase "don't believe in science" speaks volumes about your misapprehension of the topic.

Don't forget that you've also floated the hypothesis that radiometric dating is flawed, without offering one shred of evidence, in order to support your "criticism" that science cannot prove anything. Why would you do that if you weren't trying to convince someone of something?

You never did answer my questions: can you disprove unicorns? Can you disprove the invisible dragon in my garage?

Do I actually think people and dinosaurs really lived together?
That doesn't matter.
First thing you've gotten right so far.

Blackie

Banned
Reaction score
Tell it brother. Nothing else explains what happened last week.
.. I will just jump in here at the end .. and be vague about that which you refer ..

.. what happened last week was more a statement against than an endorsement of .. peoples dissatisfaction in general with the whole of it .. and not based in any sort of plan or agenda offered ..

.. if'n you know what I mean ..

.. well I need to go feed the Raptor .. for any more neighbors cats go missing ..

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I know that using the traditional, educational system's definitions that humans and dinosaurs didn't overlap. However, the period when man was fighting apes for control of the earth must have been the scariest chapter in the history of mankind, IMO.

Ermghoti

Reaction score
I knew it was a good idea to stay out of this. Zero to "it's turtles all the way down" in two posts.

hogdaddy

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GL2dL9CjSI]The Best of RAQUEL WELCH in One Million BC - YouTube[/ame]

Mindfrigg

Reaction score
Fossils of the different species that define certain eras are not found together, and clearly stratified in most cases. I don't know how that could be misconstrued. Certain things clearly did not exist in the same time periods as certain other things, regardless of the specifics of dating those strata. You can go almost anywhere in the world and visually see these stratifications very clearly laid down.

Unless some very odd natural disaster neatly sorted species' remains into disparate layers geologically by category. :shock:

Wait a minute...omg.....:wow:

Status
Not open for further replies.