4 digits!

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Few people on the planet hate a garage sale more than I do. I loathe the entire process.
We cancelled a beach trip this week and had a garage sale instead. uhggggg
Must say though, garage is cleaner than it's been in years and crossed into 4 digit territory a while back. We're sitting on a little over $1,200.00 bucks. Not a bad deal. Fixing to shut her down.

Digger

Dingo Lover!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Auctioneers here are smart and when you get down to the dregs all the stuff that's unlikely to sell is lumped in with a few good things and you have to buy the box. Nothing to go to the tip!!

I Break Things

Reaction score
Auctioneers here are smart and when you get down to the dregs all the stuff that's unlikely to sell is lumped in with a few good things and you have to buy the box. Nothing to go to the tip!!
Yeah, but then you don't have leftover junk to blow up in the woods... Or is that just a Floridian thing to do? :laugh2:

THDNUT

Reaction score
Buy that new commercial microwave for the restaurant. :thumb:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
What the hell did you have to sell to get $1200.00 ?!?

Quality or quantity?

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
Some quality. A lot of quantity.
Did sell a few nice power hand tools and some decent fishing gear. Lots of being in the same house too long. Wife sold a lot of what were high dollar clothes. Kids toys and kitchen stuff. She could have put on a banquet. I could have built a boat. Neither of us plan on doing either anymore.
Enough grand kid toys to run a daycare center.

lung plunger

Reaction score
Small world. I was gonna start a thread on the state of yard sales and the death of americana.

The neighborhood next to us has a big sale at the end of summer. Its extremely popular. This year, it was a big let down. Most the yards had pro flea market boothes set up, with new junk at crazy prices. I was eyeballing a .50 cal bullet key chain.... 12 bucks...umm no thanks. A made in China dream catcher... 15 bucks. Carnival food booths everywhere. It was all a big ploy to seperate kids from their allowances.... no deals to be had. But yeh, not what it used to be. Glad you had luck with your sale though.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Small world. I was gonna start a thread on the state of yard sales and the death of americana.

The neighborhood next to us has a big sale at the end of summer. Its extremely popular. This year, it was a big let down. Most the yards had pro flea market boothes set up, with new junk at crazy prices. I was eyeballing a .50 cal bullet key chain.... 12 bucks...umm no thanks. A made in China dream catcher... 15 bucks. Carnival food booths everywhere. It was all a big ploy to seperate kids from their allowances.... no deals to be had. But yeh, not what it used to be. Glad you had luck with your sale though.
Yep, the fleas take a shower, dress up and speak Chinese.
:noway: