30 years ago, Ron Paul's district opted out of Social Security.. the results?

blues24

Reaction score
Isn't this the same Ron Paul that disapprove of the raid on Bin laden?

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Isn't this the same Ron Paul that disapprove of the raid on Bin laden?

Ron Paul believes in the US Constitution. He wouldn't have gone to war in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Libya or any place else without a Congressional Declaration of war.

He's opposed to empire building, nation building, deficit spending, funny money from the Fed, corporate bailouts, big gov't and all the other crap that's destroying America. He is for States deciding whether gay marriage should be legal in each state, whether abortion should be legal in each state and a lot of other things that should be state issues.

Whether he personally believes that the "theory" of evolution is true as most people casually discuss it, or whether life begins at conception or many other issues are true or not is irrelevant. It's sad that the ignorant lefties want to make religion and matters of faith a litmus test for the right, when they decry the same thing being done to their own heroes. Ron Paul is a medical doctor, he's delivered over 40,000 babies and his education and knowledge is a damn sight better than some idiot that spent $60k on a "degree" from Full Sail University.

That's what I think.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This thread is doomed...there's a mad cow shitting in it now. It was a good thread while it lasted Praxis. Thanks for trying.

It's a good discussion so far. I can't (and won't) complain about it being brought up.

Added on edit: There is a lot Paul says, that I do agree with. Just not on the one subject of simply doing away with SS. I just don't see it as being that simple.

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
Whether he personally believes that the "theory" of evolution is true as most people casually discuss it, or whether life begins at conception or many other issues are true or not is irrelevant. It's sad that the ignorant lefties want to make religion and matters of faith a litmus test for the right, when they decry the same thing being done to their own heroes. Ron Paul is a medical doctor, he's delivered over 40,000 babies and his education and knowledge is a damn sight better than some idiot that spent $60k on a "degree" from Full Sail University.

That's what I think.
Evolution is not a "theory".

Man coming from Monkey is a theory. One which I don't even find myself in agreement with until more proof is available.

That being said, to "not believe in evolution" is equivalent to not believing in the existence door knobs.

If he meant "I don't believe that man came from monkey" then he should clarify himself, because he hasn't yet, and until he does, he will not be considered for a vote from me.

blues24

Reaction score
Ron Paul believes in the US Constitution. He wouldn't have gone to war in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Libya or any place else without a Congressional Declaration of war.

He's opposed to empire building, nation building, deficit spending, funny money from the Fed, corporate bailouts, big gov't and all the other crap that's destroying America. He is for States deciding whether gay marriage should be legal in each state, whether abortion should be legal in each state and a lot of other things that should be state issues.

That's what I think.

Gotcha!

JMV

Reaction score
Evolution is not a "theory".

Man coming from Monkey is a theory. One which I don't even find myself in agreement with until more proof is available.

That being said, to "not believe in evolution" is equivalent to not believing in the existence door knobs.

If he meant "I don't believe that man came from monkey" then he should clarify himself, because he hasn't yet, and until he does, he will not be considered for a vote from me.

Get bent. Your posts have nothing to do with this thread and have been reported. :naughty:

Now, if Ron Paul runs in this next election, he has my vote.

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
Get bent. Your posts have nothing to do with this thread and have been reported. :naughty:

Now, if Ron Paul runs in this next election, he has my vote.
Report all you want, I'm totally on topic.

My initial reply was to the comment "Ron Paul 2012!".

I was replying to him, that he doesn't believe in evolution, so it has become hard for ME to vote for him.

After that, the original posted (OP) continued the discussion himself with me. Therefore, on topic.

Good day.

JMV

Reaction score
Dude, you're like...so totally not on topic. Whatevs. You just can't handle serious conversation.

[email protected]

a Mad Cow

Reaction score
Dude, you're like...so totally not on topic. Whatevs. You just can't handle serious conversation.

[email protected]
Serious conversation? Everything I've posted has been serious.

This thread is against the rules, as it's nothing more then a Ron Paul in 2012 thread. Check out how the op clicked like on the second reply "Ron Paul 2012".

:dude:

ext1jdh

Reaction score
Sooooooo the board autoprompted these...

mad%20cow.JPG

I'm just sayin...

Reactions: JMV

180gROC

Reaction score
I didn't realize you could opt out. Makes me wonder what else is optional you might not think would be.

JMV

Reaction score
I didn't realize you could opt out. Makes me wonder what else is optional you might not think would be.

Paying taxes? Obeying the speed limit? Clothing in public perhaps?

I need to do some research! :laugh2:

JMV

Reaction score
Report all you want, I'm totally on topic.

My initial reply was to the comment "Ron Paul 2012!".

I was replying to him, that he doesn't believe in evolution, so it has become hard for ME to vote for him.

After that, the original posted (OP) continued the discussion himself with me. Therefore, on topic.

Good day.

Hahahaha! You=head in rectum. Therefore, illogical views and reasoning put forth.

THIS:

Ron Paul "doesn't believe in evolution".

Is just a troll post. If you can't see that, you're blind. Nothing in that about "becoming hard to vote for him because...".

When are you going to stop acting like a 13 year old girl?

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Not everybody is a part of the SS program. For example, teachers and Congress don't participate...there may be others as well. Nobody is talking about doing away with SS cold turkey. All the plans include keeping the folks nearing retirement in the existing plan and making changes for those who are younger. Same thing for Medicare. Both programs are nearing insolvency and something will have to be done with them...one way or the other.
The biggest parts of the US federal budget are SS and Medicare and they just keep getting bigger. Something like 10,000 baby boomers are retiring every day and the systems can't support the load. Most of the politicians won't talk about the problem and a real fix...because they want to get re-elected. The SS "lockbox" has no cash in it, Congress has spent the cash and the trust fund is full of Tbills, which will have to be exchanged for cash...we currently borrow about 43 cents of every dollar we spend, so the Chinese or the Fed Reserve funny money will be paying for retirement and health benefits for the retired. Seems like a stupid plan to me.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS10Xap4C9w[/ame]

teame1

Reaction score
I'm in my late 20s and have paid about $80,000 into SS/Medicare since I started working. That $80k would be better off in my own management since it'd probably be tripled by now and invested in growth markets like Singapore and China.

The world according to Praxis.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFJiw2e-pEc]YouTube - Tight Arse - EDOCKET[/ame]

Latest Threads