$30,000 burst - is this legit? The Grainger/Corby burst

ggdjr

Reaction score

...*** $30,000…Now for the real deal...Once in a lifetime opportunity...Forget about the many 59 LP's that dealers parade at shows that unknowns owned and played. This is a verified Real Rock star owned Les Paul! The Grainger/Corby burst. Being the virtuoso musician he is, Michael had a pet name for him.... Named after Beethoven's benefactor.. But thats a story Mike can possibly tell you among others.. He is a Very old Gibson Les Paul...Once owned by legendary Rock Guitar player Gary Grainger of Rod Stewart group, He recorded with this instrument, toured with it played in many venues around the world with him according to his previous owner and friend of Grainger, and he cherished it for many years. Then acquired and owned by Rock group founder of the Baby's Michael Corby in 1987 whom is friends with Gary. Now it could be yours. After owning .playing and cherishing this legendary instrument for many years now, I have decided to let someone new be the caretaker/owner… Plays and sounds only as a real rock star instrument would. Looks are to die for and sound is second to none! Has a most storied life and mojo that is only passed on from owner to owner. Corby sold Jimmy Page one of his cherished Les Pauls and this was acquired from Corby as well, so you could have that in common with Jimmy Page. He has been the subject of many Message board arguments and conversations over the years and remains an enigma. But one thing is for certain; he sounds and plays the part like few do. Instead of buying that “common” 1959 Les Paul owned by unknowns, try this one for a LOT less! ....

Attachments

ggdjr

Reaction score
also

.. He no longer has the Bigsby, PAF's, the harness or original case...

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

ggdjr

Reaction score
oh ok - thank you - i didn't know it was called Waldstein
when a burst hits the local Craigslist i though i'd come here
much appreciated

mdubya

Reaction score
It is always entertaining when Waldstein shows up.

Caveat emptor.

I once bought a piece of gum from the same guy that sold Jimmy Page and Jimi Hendrix packs of gum. That was no ordinary run of the mill piece of gum, let me tell you. What an experience. o_O

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Damn! Talk about a blast, from the past!:shock:

At first, I thought this was a necro-thread! Lol.

SASouth

Reaction score

...*** $30,000…Now for the real deal...Once in a lifetime opportunity...Forget about the many 59 LP's that dealers parade at shows that unknowns owned and played. This is a verified Real Rock star owned Les Paul! The Grainger/Corby burst. Being the virtuoso musician he is, Michael had a pet name for him.... Named after Beethoven's benefactor.. But thats a story Mike can possibly tell you among others.. He is a Very old Gibson Les Paul...Once owned by legendary Rock Guitar player Gary Grainger of Rod Stewart group, He recorded with this instrument, toured with it played in many venues around the world with him according to his previous owner and friend of Grainger, and he cherished it for many years. Then acquired and owned by Rock group founder of the Baby's Michael Corby in 1987 whom is friends with Gary. Now it could be yours. After owning .playing and cherishing this legendary instrument for many years now, I have decided to let someone new be the caretaker/owner… Plays and sounds only as a real rock star instrument would. Looks are to die for and sound is second to none! Has a most storied life and mojo that is only passed on from owner to owner. Corby sold Jimmy Page one of his cherished Les Pauls and this was acquired from Corby as well, so you could have that in common with Jimmy Page. He has been the subject of many Message board arguments and conversations over the years and remains an enigma. But one thing is for certain; he sounds and plays the part like few do. Instead of buying that “common” 1959 Les Paul owned by unknowns, try this one for a LOT less! ....
We recently discussed Waldstein in this thread about delusional sellers. You may find it all amusing. It was my first exposure to Waldstein as well.

Michael Matyas

Reaction score
The sticky cellular fir name because ritzy grease wait an obviously falling lamb smooth fancy knife.

sws1

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Don't think i'd see that one before. What a mess.

eric ernest

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The black and white photo of Cosmo (Heavy Metal Kids.) has nothing to do with that guitar. That's a completely different Faux '59. Although both went through the same shady vintage guitar dealer.

I also had the Corby Burst for awhile because of my involvement (testimonial expert) with the infamous Franks/Winfield lawsuit. That was a $5,000,000 lawsuit.

Fake 1959 Gibson Les Paul Burst. Authentication.

Fake 1959 Gibson Les Paul Burst examples of authentication.

I also have many more photos of that Les Paul.

The seller is completely 100% wrong about what he THINKS that guitar is.

It is not an employee guitar.

It is not a 50's conversion Les Paul.

Although that is a rather attractive Les Paul, it is more enema than enigma. It can only be an enigma to someone who knows nothing about vintage Les Paul's.

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
Isn’t the price alone, and that it’s being offered on CL, a huge red flag?

TommyCantPlay

Reaction score
If it was real. Joe Bonnamassa or one of the members of the elitist back slapping vintage club rock star good ol boys would of beat you to it long time ago, and it would be in a case somewhere stacked up like cord wood with another 3 or 4 dozen.

Last edited:

Tinpan

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does he have ski to lodges for sale in Florida....been looking for one.

Latest Threads