3 Pickup Gibson Les Paul Custom

Goldtopper

Reaction score
Damn. I remember seeing this beast on the TGP Emporium and thinking it'd be a quick sale. Fuggin weird market right now! That thing is killer!

If I were you, I'd keep it, if it's not selling at $2500. How are your kidneys? If you still have both, you only really need one. (That's if you need the $)

Barryj

Reaction score
Haha - fortunately don't have to move this one, but I have a 2 pickup black Custom as well and decided I don't really need 2 (yeah, first world problems.............)

DarrellV

just Livin' the Dream....
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha - fortunately don't have to move this one, but I have a 2 pickup black Custom as well and decided I don't really need 2 (yeah, first world problems.............)
It really is sweet, OP...

I second the notion about not giving it away if you don't have to.

I'm seeing 82's like mine going in the 3K's lately and I shake my head..

2500 is a steal for that, IMO.

If I had it, I would buy it for that..

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
How has this thing not been sold yet? Lovely guitar. Hope it finds a new home for a good price.

Barryj

Reaction score
Thanks all - fortunately I’m patient, but don’t think I’ve ever had a 2-pager before!

BKS

Reaction score
If i had the cash and lived near you it would be long gone haha. Have to do with a 2 hummy red studio :thumb:
But someone should grab it before i rob a bank and take a long leave.... :naughty:

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yikes... at this rate it's still going to be available when my tax refund comes in.... then it's going to take a lot of will-power not to buy it....

lpfan1980

Reaction score
Also known as - the Unicorn……...

Up for grabs is a 1997 3-pickup Gibson Les Paul Custom.

*EDIT* I was really thinking this one had a mahogany top, but after some digging and some additional pics, I'm suspecting it's maple - never seen maple like this, though!*

Back when I bought it, I first thought it was a regular production, maple topped, Wine Red Custom. But when I picked it up I thought, “that kind of looks like a mahogany top”. Was sort of a moot point then - it played and sounded great, so I took it home with me. Later, curiosity got the better of me - looked in the pickup cavities, and thought “that really looks like a mahogany top”. Posted some pics here, and got the answer “yep, that’s mahogany”. Best guess was that it was some sort of special run - either for GC/Sam Ash, or a GOTW.

And it’s a beast - all stock and tone for days. Pickups are 490/490/498 bridge - wired in the classic LPC style with the middle position being bridge/middle - it quacks! Standard Nashville bridge and Grover tuners. Frets are in excellent condition. The neck profile is a C that starts average size (.880), but gets large at the 12th fret (.995)

Weight is 9 lbs.13 oz. (c’mon - it’s a 3 pickup LPC - that’s svelte - haha)

The guitar has been played - slight wear on the pickup covers as expected. Has a tiny ding in between the controls - the back has a small ‘nitro burn’ spot (¼ x ½) from a stand, and there’s a small bit of bleed on the binding on the headstock. Very clean otherwise. Comes with the original Art & Historic hardshell case.

Truly massive picture gallery here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/wYF4yxm9vPS7iuag9

To your door for $2,650 $2,550 (firm - not in a huge rush on this one). Trades are fairly unlikely - I have a bit of everything already, but won’t completely shut the door on them.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Oh man that looks fun best of luck gorgeous!