3 humbucker wiring

darth Nihilus

Reaction score
I currently have my 3 humbucker Les Paul wired up with a volume per pickup and 1 master tone. The problem I'm having is since each volume is wired up as independent volumes and not master volumes, when I turn all the volumes down and let go of the guitar I get a loud hum. I learned that since I don't have the volumes wired up as master volumes, independent volumes aren't actually completely off when turned all the way down therefor let low level signals through.

I want to know if there's a way I can wire my LP to have master volumes for my neck and bridge pickup only and simply use a push/pull pot for one of the tone controls to activate the middle pickup when I want it. I don't need a volume or a tone control for the middle pickup and only want to have it come on via a push/pull pot.

Anyone out there have a schematic like this?

darth Nihilus

Reaction score
Really?? No one has any idea...here in this forum of all places?

Lame :(

hillbilly

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lame? :hmm:

Maybe people are busy...maybe no one knows...maybe they don't want to divulge the Secret Double Probation 3 Pickup Les Paul with a Push-Pull For The Middle Pickup schematic.

hillbilly

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that'll be $50...I take PayPal, CC's, and MO's... :cool:

darth Nihilus

Reaction score
Ahh! Hillbilly, I love you!!! How 'bout you come over my house and have your way with my sister?? She's a bit cross eyed but she looks like Britney Spears after having been beaten in the face with a bag of quarters.

In all seriousness, thanks a million man. I'll be converting my Paul ASAP!!!

Latest Threads