3 hour flight in a regional jet (E175)

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Back when I first started flying, had no airline status and was relegated to coach, those L1011's were a great ride when they were mostly empty. You could flip up the armrests on the 5-centers and lay down and sleep. Once, I flew a LAX - CDG segment that had less than 20 people... everyone in steerage had their own sleeper seat!

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its been more than 30 years since I have flown but as a military brat kid I flew many times.I remember in 64 flying to Europe in a TWA 707.The whole family had come down with something so everyone was sick.They gave out pilots wings and certificates and also let the kids go up in the cockpit during the flight.

OIP.jpg

Tweaker

Reaction score
For anyone who cares...made the flight today on the E175...I can honesty say it was one of the smoothest flights I’ve been on. Space was a non issue on this jet, it was actually a very enjoyable flight. The seat did get a bit hard but not bad. All the doom and gloom stories freaked me out and my experience was really positive.

Always a possibility that the Alaskan E175’s are laid out to have more space, but it felt like being on a bigger aircraft for sure.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
For anyone who cares...made the flight today on the E175...I can honesty say it was one of the smoothest flights I’ve been on. Space was a non issue on this jet, it was actually a very enjoyable flight. The seat did get a bit hard but not bad. All the doom and gloom stories freaked me out and my experience was really positive.

Always a possibility that the Alaskan E175’s are laid out to have more space, but it felt like being on a bigger aircraft for sure.
I was wondering how it went for you. Really glad to hear that it was not just OK, but pretty damn good.

Since I was guilty of propagating doom & gloom, this makes me feel better.

I had no idea that you were a midget :laugh2:

mtgguitar

Reaction score
I haven't flown for 30 years. Prior to that, I was SURE I was going to die a few times:

1. A flight from London UK to Cornwall via Plymouth on Brymon Airways.

2. Landing at Jacksonville NC (Camp LeJeune) airport, the pilot had to swerve to avoid cropdusters.

2. Any flight on a military cargo plane during training. Sharing a flight with vehicles and trailers packed with gear is intimidating.

Last edited:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
The E-175 has a range of 2,500 miles. So, more than enough to get from point A to point B.

PapaSquash

Reaction score
I find Alaska Air to be relatively civilized compared to others.

That said, I just go into "endurance mode" to get through flying. I shut down and go into a bubble. It's gonna suck but I'll get through it.

Tweaker

Reaction score
I’m hoping my experience on Friday will be just as positive, but at least if it isn’t, I know I’m heading home and can sleep in my own bed :laugh2:

And for what it’s worth...I’m 6’0” so not technically a midget hahaha

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I find Alaska Air to be relatively civilized compared to others.

That said, I just go into "endurance mode" to get through flying. I shut down and go into a bubble. It's gonna suck but I'll get through it.
Does Alaska Air still give you an ice cream bar on all their flights?

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
This I wholeheartedly agree with. They absolutely SUCK. -Never again. Airbus 320, whatever Never again on a 737. I don't care if it's a 45 minute flight. Just.. NO.

Airbus 320 is no better. Same shit with a European accent.

Latest Threads