3 hour flight in a regional jet (E175)

murmel

Reaction score
On Lufthanse an E195 economy seat actually provides more space than one on a 747-400.
Never flew the E175 though.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
But the worst was the male flight attendant. As we were taxiing towards the terminal, he grabs the mic and starts singing.
He changed the lyrics to "Crazy" (Patsy Kline) to his own Southwest Airlines lyrics.
What's worse is he did two full verses. Fuck me.
" And we're crazy for tryin', crazy for cryin', but not crazy for flying Southwest.. "
Where does he get the balls to pull that shit on a captured, buckled-in audience? We can't up and walk away.
They always do that.
15 years ago, one of our engineers quit, so I had to fly to San Jose every Thursday to take up the slack.
Every Thursday morning fly to SJC.
Every Thursday night, back home to ONT.
I got a ton of "rewards" and didn't pay for a personal flight on Southwest when we flew to Birmingham to visit relatives.

But every damned flight we had to listen to the attendant sing... something.

They started to ease up on their sense of humor when they got slapped with a lawsuit where a woman was offended... she was taking too much time getting situated, and the flight attendant announced over the PA "Eaney meaney miney moe, pick a seat, we've gotta' go"

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Southworst was a key determining factor in the decline of commercial flying. They introduced the world to the city bus in the sky concept. It caught on. Flying was never the same again.

Olds442

Reaction score
upon arrival back to chicago from vegas the flight attendant gave the best welcome.

"Welcome to Chicago, on behalf of your entire crew, we hope you've enjoyed being had by us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride. Be careful opening the overhead bins, we all know that shift happens."

i shit you not, the best welcome message i've ever heard.

jcsk8

Reaction score
The 175 is not that smaller than a 737-700. Seat spacing should be more or less the same. Turbulence and vibrations are equal, if applyable. 175 is quieter. it can fly those 3 hours with hours more in the case of a divert required. ERJ´s are very trusty planes.

cjpeck

Reaction score
God, his "lisp". He was as gay as could be. And that affected, woosy, fake lisp voice over the mic, singing..

I actually stuck my thumbs in my ears and pressed hard. It did seem to work, made it a tiny bit more tolerable.

I wanted to strangle him with a lamp cord.

You know those drop-down emergency oxygen masks and tubes? I had a fantasy about those tubes.

<hits the compartment door, mask and tubes drop down, I grab the tube and wrap it around the bastard's neck>

" You want crazy? How's this for fucking crazy? "
a polite email to the carrier including flight number and ticket confirmation number will have some effect.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what planes are what by name or number but I was a flight pussy. Scared out of my mind to fly. My first flight didn't happen till I was 26. Chicago to Dallas. 2 +hours. When I got on the plane I was shocked to seat was 2 seats on the right and 1 seat on the left. I had a seat in the row of single seats. Took 2 Xanax and all was well. It was actually a lot nicer flight than the one coming back with the 3 seats on a side plane. I still hate flying. Its unnatural. But it sure does save a lot of time.

electric head

Just passing thru
Premium Member
Reaction score
All you have to do is play pretend
Pretend you are a rock star and that is your private jet.
All the other passengers are your entourage,,,

Hey it works for Homer in chocolate world...

maxresdefault.jpg

Tweaker

Reaction score
What drives me nuts about flying is everyone else on the plane...up until March nobody cared if they were sick, they’d get on the plane and spread the love to anyone and everyone. The ONLY good thing to come from this coronavirus BS is that more people care about washing their hands :laugh2: In fact I flew to salt lake and back last week for a family event. My experience is opposite of yours Dave, the airports were crammed. People are realizing it’s ok to still live a normal life!

If I could get on a plane and know for certain that nobody was sick or would get sick during the flight, I would have zero qualms about flying.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
On Lufthanse an E195 economy seat actually provides more space than one on a 747-400.
Never flew the E175 though.
Actually, the E19X series is a great aircraft... by definition it is an RJ, but if flies more like a smaller narrowbody. Steerage is not horrible and with no middle seat, in some ways it is better than others. The F seats are great, too. Better than the 737, A320, and 757.

The 744 is a horrible configuration of the 747 line... it's a long haul bus. They pack an extra 20-ish people in the back by using reduced seats and adding extra rows. If you are not upstairs, or in front of the curtains, it's a bad ride.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
upon arrival back to chicago from vegas the flight attendant gave the best welcome.

"Welcome to Chicago, on behalf of your entire crew, we hope you've enjoyed being had by us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride. Be careful opening the overhead bins, we all know that shift happens."

i shit you not, the best welcome message i've ever heard.
I've had flight attendants make a comment about being sure to say goodbye to "Captain Kangaroo" after a bad landing.

Would have some fun with my boss when we had a bad landing... the first of us to the door would say "Nice landing" and the 2nd of us would say "both of them"

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
You haven’t lived until you’ve spent time circling Atlanta during an incredibly bad thunderstorm aboard a CRJ-200. Extra points for the morbidly obese person who was on the edge of panic a few rows forward.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
never been on a 175 , I have made a few trips on a Cessna 6 seater though , to connect between flights . I hope that I never have to again . consider yourself lucky

Tweaker

Reaction score
My buddy has his pilot’s license and only flies those really small units. He loves it. But I think he has thrill issues.

MATTM

MSSCGuitarWiring.com
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The TriStar was an awesome bird.
Flew one to/from DC in 8th grade.
Sure was. I still have my TWA "Jr. Crew Member" wings from when I was a kid. First flight was PHL-LHR on an L-1011. Long ass ride for a 5 year old but I loved every minute of it.

Those were the days when it was a treat to fly. It was a big deal. I still remember wearing a suit on that flight. It was the respectful thing to do back then. You were treated like a human being instead of a number.

It sparked my love of aviation and I've carried that through my entire life.

How times have changed....

MATTM

MSSCGuitarWiring.com
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh...To the original poster....I've taken those jungle jets many times over. Longest was Harrisburg to Dallas. That was just short of 3 hours and it felt like eternity with my knees in my face. Pray for the bulkhead seat.

Latest Threads