2nd NAD in ten days (!!)

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laney CUB10 for a stupid price. I plugged my Vintera Tele into it and this is another darkish amp. Full treble, bridge pickup with the tone wound up, no ice pick. I like it a lot. Definitely no metal tones to be had (I'm good with that) but instead, plenty of mids and almost bassy. I only have one guitar with humbuckers and I didn't feel like wrenching the Explorer out of the case. Later I'll try the Tribute with the mini hums.

At low volume I couldn't get breakup even with full gain, so it's plenty clean that way.
I have to say that these cheap chinese amps are finished awfully nice for an MDF cab. Good looking corners and nice textured grille cloth. Full cage on the back, so six screws to change a tube...
Pics! And one with the other NAD in case you missed it ;)

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laney CUB10 for a stupid price. I plugged my Vintera Tele into it and this is another darkish amp. Full treble, bridge pickup with the tone wound up, no ice pick. I like it a lot. Definitely no metal tones to be had (I'm good with that) but instead, plenty of mids and almost bassy. I only have one guitar with humbuckers and I didn't feel like wrenching the Explorer out of the case. Later I'll try the Tribute with the mini hums.

At low volume I couldn't get breakup even with full gain, so it's plenty clean that way.
I have to say that these cheap chinese amps are finished awfully nice for an MDF cab. Good looking corners and nice textured grille cloth. Full cage on the back, so six screws to change a tube...
Pics! And one with the other NAD in case you missed it ;)

BAD ASS
Laney is almost criminally underused

bblooz

Reaction score
Paul Gilbert used to be an endorsed artist back in the '90s. Laney was kind of like the British Ampeg - overshadowed by Marshall and Orange.

Latest Threads