$29.62

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
:applause: Ali Buckers price includes shipping!

IMG20210221164041 RESIZE .jpg IMG20210211132655 RESIZE .jpg IMG20210211132935 RESIZE .jpg

Even though my guitar sounded fine... I just couldn't resist trying a set of these any longer LOL
just finished installing them with a new 50s harness. Didn't have much time to play them yet, but WOW !!

I guess my guitar didn't really sound "fine" afterall :rofl:

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Thirty bucks for the set? Damn that'd be worth trying. I've heard their pickups have gotten better

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Yeah that price includes shipping LOL Not much risk in trying for that price... that's why I did it.

They are very well made. Nickel silver baseplate and covers. THIN covers.
I was surprised to find that the cream rings matched my stock ones perfectly :facepalm: Even the curved bottom was perfect.

Oh, and they sound fantastic! There are surely a lot of worse ways to spend 30 bucks lol

They can be found on Ali Express and I recommend a seller named "Guitar Family" I've gotten several other items from them. Good service and fair with customers. Use them if you decide to order... that site has a lot of crooked sellers.

Antigua

Reaction score
Not ever having to buy raw pickup parts, I don't know how much nickel silver costs, so when pickups with it cost $100+, I figure maybe the materials are a part of the cost, but then you see nickel silver pickups for as low as $30, and it just makes those $100+ pickups seem all the more overpriced.

fleahead

Reaction score
Funnily enough I JUST ordered a pair not more than an hour ago. Probuckers are great sounding pickups. I bought mine complete with harness

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, counterfeit guitars = "bad".

But, counerfeit pickups = "good"?

:hmm:
Are they marked with another manufacturer's name? Genuine question. I'm building a kit and expecting to need to replace the pups. $30 sounds like a fantastic deal but I don't buy fakes.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Are they marked with another manufacturer's name? Genuine question. I'm building a kit and expecting to need to replace the pups. $30 sounds like a fantastic deal but I don't buy fakes.
Allied Express is notorious for selling counterfeit goods.

Not to mention, a genuine set of brand-new, Epiphone pickups are going to run a lot higher than $30. That shiuld be the first red flag.

I probably jumped the gun a bit, but I still wouldn't take any chances?

Antigua

Reaction score
Those are not counterfeit. I have some ProBuckers that I recently pulled out of a Joe Bonamassa sig Black Beauty to compare against. It all looks very much the same.

Besides that, I haven't seen a counterfeit humbucker with a nickel silver looking base plate, they tend to clearly be brass, sometimes aluminum.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Those are not counterfeit. I have some ProBuckers that I recently pulled out of a Joe Bonamassa sig Black Beauty to compare against. It all looks very much the same.
Yeah, but still...

Whenever I see anything about AE, I always associate them with fakes.

Reactions: Who

Antigua

Reaction score
Yeah, but still...

IME, dhgate is the go-to for outright counterfeits. I haven't seen any on AliExpress lately, and I've looked. I'm not above buying fakes.

I take that back, I see some on there now, but the ProBuckers are real. I can post pics of near identical authentic pickups. If the fake guitars I see on Ali now, it's pretty apparent that they're fakes. They cut lots of corners in order to sell a $1,500 guitar for $150.

Last edited:

LP1865

Reaction score
Most of their products are fake.
Others are pretty damn useful. They do sell some decent stuff.
I used to order a couple of things from them, but cannot now as it is banned in my country.
Not to mention, a genuine set of brand-new, Epiphone pickups are going to run a lot higher than $30. That shiuld be the first red flag.
IDTS. They may actually be real. Think about it. They are obviously made in China, so they are definitely cheap.
I believe these are either the excess stock or just some Chinese guy from the factory selling them illegally.

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Who said they are fakes?

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Allied Express is notorious for selling counterfeit goods.

I probably jumped the gun a bit, but I still wouldn't take any chances?
"a genuine set of brand-new, Epiphone pickups are going to run a lot higher than $30"

Of course... did you think Epiphone is gonna sell them for $30 after they've hyped them up all over the world? They're listed on their site for $150 LOL , but I have NEVER seen them in stock :hmm: hmmmmm

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Most of their products are fake.
Others are pretty damn useful. They do sell some decent stuff.
I used to order a couple of things from them, but cannot now as it is banned in my country.

IDTS. They may actually be real. Think about it. They are obviously made in China, so they are definitely cheap.
I believe these are either the excess stock or just some Chinese guy from the factory selling them illegally.

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Refreshing to see a comment from someone with an open mind. They most ceriainly can be real and I think they are, but there's no way to prove it. Just like those calling fake haven't any real proof either LOL

I'm still amazed that those pickup rings were EXACTLY the same color, size, bottom curvature, as my 2011 LP Standard.

Lots of sellers are saying that these are not made in China, but in Korea. If true, then it would almost have to be Artec.

Lets suppose that in the beginning, Artec was chosen to produce these ProBuckers to their (Gibson USA) new spec while the Epiphone factory was being set up and brought up to speed. Seems like a smart move.

Then maybe when the factory started producing, (making use of Artec's expertise) Artec was no longer needed and were left holding a HUGE bag of these pickups.

Or maybe they just said eff you to Epiphone and continued on producing and selling them on their own LOL Either way, Its really not so unlikely, or even unusual. This ain't the USA folks. I've lived in Bangkok for over 15 years and believe me.., this is business as usual over here . There ain't no rules LOL

These pickups have been on Ali Express and eBay for years now. They've sold hundreds and hundreds... maybe even thousands of sets :hmm: Ever wonder where are the lawsuits?

Latest Threads