27 year old son , no job for 7 months now, hardly leaves his room playing video games

rogue3

Reaction score
Yeah,the problem is in some areas (like mine) that rent for a i bed apt. Is mayby about the one person income. Now thus isn’t going to work for llong. It is not sustainable. And this is why so many kids are living in out[r basements! Young workers used tio have “career paths” to upward mobility. It doesn’t look like this exists anymore. A gamnbdhame!
You have an excellent point there dolebludger.The landscape has changed with cost of living.My own observation is the incredible upward pressure covid has had on rents in my area.Fact.If this keeps up,we are all going to be living together,just to meet the costs!

This is a crisis in urban...and suburban areas of monumental importance to people in general.Everyone that invested in a rental wants more...pigs to the trough.Every developer wants more...pigs to the trough.Again,i am going to be moving so far out of this mess...in the next 3- 4 years,hopefully,that i will never have to deal with this urban anxiety again.

I would like to live in Montana(or the Canadian equivalent) and own a pickup truck,and,a chicken coop!

Sharky

Reaction score
Hell, sleep till 10 and take a nap at 3
next week I am out of the job for 6 years. No fuckin day I slept longer than maybe 8.

But just got up from my nap, wonderful. People ask me what do you do with all that time? Whatever I want, whenever I want

Mexicanbreed

Reaction score
Since you are concerned about your son, I gather that you are not the "kick him out" type of guy to show that brand of tough love. Do you see your son as a young adult? I'm almost positive he views himself as such, but is going through hardship, as many others are. I am lucky enough that I was able to keep working from home without skipping a beat. Tbh, I enjoy it more now when technology doesn't fail on me or my students.

So, if you respect your son and see him as an adult, speak to him as one to another. Your concern shows that you do care for him other than wanting your own space back. Nothing hurt my relationship with my Dad more than when he refused to treat me as an adult, although I was already working, paying for my postgraduate studies and renting my own place. If I had been forced to live back with him and lose my job (let alone two) that would've messed me up too.

Latest Threads