25th Anniversary Of The “Slow Speed Bronco Chase”

fry

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
It was 25 years ago this very day that the infamous slow speed chase happened involving O.J. Simpson. More importantly, it’s the 25th anniversary of possibly the greatest phony phone call ever to make it to the air on a national broadcast.

defcrew

Reaction score
It seems like it happened on another planet. I lived out on the country back then and was spending a lot of time clearing the property and that sort of thing. No cable, no cell phones, no internet, barely three channels from rabbit ears. When I came into work on Monday the guy who played ball with me who worked at the paint store said, "Man, did OJ fuck up or what?"

"OJ Simpson? What did he do?"

The same exact thing happned after the R King riots. My point is that there's a lot of stuff now and maybe there was even more back then when communication wasn't quite as fractured that goes on but for all intents and purposes on a personal level it could be happening on the moon. I always bookend those two cases as they seem inextricably tied in a certain way. At any rate, the property is still cleared. Mowed it Saturday. Rodney is dead and OJ is out of jail. One of these three things is more importnat than the others to me.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Great night, I was a Morrisville Tavern-WAY DRUNK!

I had a real ramble going on.......

"OJ will blast from the Bronco-----become 500 feet tall---the AntiChrist is going to appear..........OJ will raise a sceptre---The Four Horsemen will appear...THESE ARE END TIMES.....

I got thrown out.....Hot Mary gave me a ride home, no I didn't get laid!

........I ended up sleeping in the tub----I was a WILD drinker.

defcrew

Reaction score
Great night, I was a Morrisville Tavern-WAY DRUNK!
View attachment 387325

I had a real ramble going on.......

"OJ will blast from the Bronco-----become 500 feet tall---the AntiChrist is going to appear..........OJ will raise a sceptre---The Four Horsemen will appear...THESE ARE END TIMES.....

I got thrown out.....Hot Mary gave me a ride home, no I didn't get laid!

View attachment 387326

........I ended up sleeping in the tub----I was a WILD drinker.
she gives me Norwegian Wood.

defcrew

Reaction score
d, nice gal , went to HS with her-PRE SILICONE! She poured me many a drink...........
I don't think I've seen anyone I went ot HS w since HS but there was this local chick who in her day was just off the chain smokin hot and knew as did everyone who was alive and half of the dead. Saw her the other day at Lowe's and she looked like someone's grandmother....which she is. She was always crazy. The good kind of crazy. Time the Avenger.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
My ex, my sister, her future hubby and I were on the road coming back from camping (300+miles). We'd stop every so often and inquire about the progress of the chase.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I don't think I've seen anyone I went ot HS w since HS but there was this local chick who in her day was just off the chain smokin hot and knew as did everyone who was alive and half of the dead. Saw her the other day at Lowe's and she looked like someone's grandmother....which she is. She was always crazy. The good kind of crazy. Time the Avenger.
d, this is a small town. I still see some people. I'm known as a NUT, so, most walk the other way.

scott 351 wins

Silver Supporter
Reaction score