2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s AAA Top - Lemonburst on the way!

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
Just found a scratch and dent Sweetwater exclusive 2022 Gibson Les Paul Standard '60s AAA Top - Lemonburst and had to jump at it. Got a great deal from my guitar guy with three years financing. I've sold a few guitars over the last year and had been on the lookout for a new one. I just couldn't pass this one up!

Les Paul AAA 2.jpg
Les Paul AAA.jpg

irocdave12

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Thats a beauty Here’s mine with its new case. If you wouldn’t mind when you get it could you show the case and give some details on how it fits the case. Mine came in one of the new Costa Rican cases and it was a very loose fitting case for the guitar. Just curious if mine was a isolated incident or if these CR cases all fit the same.
7F5ED983-27D1-49EC-BED6-AF7F6B6AFD33.jpeg

FingerLakesFan

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Thats a beauty Here’s mine with its new case. If you wouldn’t mind when you get it could you show the case and give some details on how it fits the case. Mine came in one of the new Costa Rican cases and it was a very loose fitting case for the guitar. Just curious if mine was a isolated incident or if these CR cases all fit the same. View attachment 608606
This is what is shown in the pic for the guitar:

208520149-case-xlarge.jpg

hotshot

Reaction score
FingerLakes Fan, your going to like that red case with the double neck brace. It also fits the guitar nice and snug.

JMP

Reaction score
Welcome to the club. Thats a beauty Here’s mine with its new case. If you wouldn’t mind when you get it could you show the case and give some details on how it fits the case. Mine came in one of the new Costa Rican cases and it was a very loose fitting case for the guitar. Just curious if mine was a isolated incident or if these CR cases all fit the same. View attachment 608606
How do you like the new chainsaw case?

irocdave12

Reaction score
This is what is shown in the pic for the guitar:

View attachment 608647
Well that’s fortunate and you should be good to go without having same problems as I did with the case. As mentioned already the CR made cases have those distinctive square latches. The case you are getting looks to be one of the made in china cases which believe it or not are some of the best for this model year. Even reviewed as better than the cases from TLK Canada. I made an issue out of how sloppy my case fit both with Gibson and Sweetwater so who knows maybe they stopped using the CR made cases with these as I can’t imagine SW wanted to be putting their names on more of these with ill fitting cases. I have a 2022 50’s Standard Goldtop too bought around same time as my Lemonburst and the Goldtop came with a burgundy lined case I believe from Canada and the fit of the guitar is night and day better than the sloppy fit of the CR made cases.

irocdave12

Reaction score
Just got her and top is even better than I thought. It appears to be a 3D Top (which I've never seen before). The first thing my wife said was, "It has a 3D Top." Thanks for all the kind comments!

View attachment 609134
Yeah you got a killer book matched top on that one. I love the quarter sawn grain lines by the knobs giving it a unique trait

Latest Threads