2022 Epiphone Les Paul Custom - Black Beauty - AKA Topper

Guitarzan67

Reaction score
Howdy folks! I know I am new to the forum. I am surely not new to guitars or working in the music life. I have had a few Epiphones over the years but I really like the Les Paul Customs. I picked up this 2022 Black Beauty a couple weeks ago it plays like a dream. I wanted to make it mine so to speak so I switched out a couple bits cosmetically and upgraded the tuners from Wilkinson to the Gotoh 301 with pearloid buttons! It really set it off the charts! For me anyway. Guitars are so personal. Yes it's name is Topper, like my avatar :)
Epiphone LPC BB_Topper Full Length.jpg
Epiphone LPC BB_Topper Body.jpg
Epiphone LPC BB_Topper Head.jpg

Guitarzan67

Reaction score
Exactly Burgermeister Meisterburger! Topper's my sidekick!

Spirit

Reaction score
Nice,looking guitar,you have there,my Guitar is called Angie,after the greatest woman I’ve ever met,she also bought the Guitar for me

Guitarzan67

Reaction score
very nice!!! I like how you personalized it!!!
I love the Gotoh tuners. I use them on a couple guitars but this was the first set of pearloids. This guitar asked for them. I suggested a couple of others but it wasn't having it! LOL. Funny how they do that!

Spirit

Reaction score
I love the Gotoh tuners. I use them on a couple guitars but this was the first set of pearloids. This guitar asked for them. I suggested a couple of others but it wasn't having it! LOL. Funny how they do that!
Yep I took the guard off my 59 wasn’t long before it was asking me to put back on

rbraad68

Reaction score
Here is an early run of my 2020 Custom. Before I started stripping the gold pieces off it and all. I atcually did like the perloid pick guard I picked up for it about a year ago. At one point the guitar was decked out wth All gold tone pro hardware and Locking Grover tuners in gold with the perloid buttons. Sadley My tastes have changed a bit and have recently gone with the blk hardware.. But when I seen these pics I figured I would post them.....
custom pearloid.jpg
141735195_263067678821435_7476678996659266102_n.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
Looks amazing!
Thx man! I have both the 50's gold top and the custom I want to list for sale. I am going to restore the ebony guitar to the gold hardware. I figured it would pretty fast with the gold hardware on the guitar. I will get some pics posted later on today. See if i can sell thae off as well....

dCi_king

Reaction score
Witchhat knobs are used on the '68 black beauty, so thought they will look cool, but have these two '57s inside the closet... :hmm:

Last edited: