2022 Bonamassa 335

rich85

Reaction score
Here is the new Bonamassa Epiphone for the year. The body shape with the point where the body joins the neck is too high and the cutaways look wrong and the colour is quite different. Looks like crap IMO

8785F51C-CA14-42B3-B125-3EFBAF0AE91C.jpeg

LesMotDaD

Reaction score
I've ordered one out of curiosity and the shop told me the 335 should arrive this week :acoustic:

I'm still not sure about buying a asia-Epiphone cause I only own US-made guitars atm. But I was looking for a cheaper 335 with a Vibrola and the Epi was below my f***-it range pricewise and PUs (Gibson), pots (CTS) and capacitors (Mallory) are all high quality parts, so I will give it a try :dunno:

btw: The body shape is 1:1 the body shape of bonamassas '62 335 (of course everything but the headstock)- I think on the pic its just the different angle... The color is off, I agree and it's also poly not nitro. But from what I saw in first reviews, it's far away from just being crap.
I will share some hi-res pictures as soon as mine arrives!

Last edited:

GcS

Reaction score
I'm still not sure about buying a asia-Epiphone cause I only own US-made guitars atm. But I was looking for a cheaper 335 with a Vibrola and the Epi was below my f***-it range pricewise and PUs (Gibson), pots (CTS) and capacitors (Mallory) are all high quality parts, so I will give it a try :dunno:
I have two Epiphone LPs and they are decent guitars -- definitely not Gibsons -- but they get you far closer than the difference in $$$ would suggest. I'm sure you'll love the 335...

I'm going to take a pass on this one though. If I didn't have a Gibson ES-335 Studio I'd be sorely tempted.

PageSide84

Reaction score
I have one of these incoming. I was thinking about a CS 1964 ES-335, but was waffling on the price. I know this won't be that but it's far more palatable for a guitar I'm not 100% on. Worst case, I can sell it and get the CS. I haven't purchased an Epiphone in a long time, so I'm not entirely certain I'll vibe with the poly but this seems like a safe one to go for given that the JB stuff seems to sell for roughly the original purchase price.

1allspub

Reaction score
Looks good to me (ie, not crap). Can’t expect an affordable Epi to be a perfect recreation of a vintage 62 ES-335. Gotta be realistic. My regular line (ie, Inspired by Gibson) Epi 335 is fantastic! I imagine this new Joe B w/ better electronics will be even better.

Nikki M

Reaction score
Mine should arrive Saturday.. I'll post pics..GET 15...15% off at Music Zoo..at least that was the code I used last week..saved a few bucks..

Attachments

• 20221014_121931s.jpg
    20221014_121931s.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 28
  • 20221014_121954s.jpg
    20221014_121954s.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27

PageSide84

Reaction score
Mine should arrive Saturday.. I'll post pics..GET 15...15% off at Music Zoo..at least that was the code I used last week..saved a few bucks..
I asked Sweetwater what they could do for me and they threw out 1095. I was going to ask for 1099 . . . so I've got a cool four bucks in my digital pocket.

LesMotDaD

Reaction score
Mine will arrive today. I hope everything will be ok, cause there were several guitars with a headstock-break out of the box in some other forums -.-

LesMotDaD

Reaction score
Yesterday, my Epi arrived! Unfortunately, I had yesterday evening only very briefly time to test it, but the first impression is really very positive.
I really have nothing to complain about the workmanship, the frets are cleanly inserted and dressed, the binding is very clean, the inlays are super set, the binding-fingerboard transition is even and clean, the poly finish is applied flawlessly, the pots are smooth. After a little lemonoil, I personally see no difference to rosewood.
The only thing I missed was the nitro smell when opening the case :)
I also really liked the first play, but I can't speak for Epiphone in general, because the store I ordered from set the guitar up perfectly before shipping. String-action, neck curvature and nut were impeccable.

I bought three new guitars this year, a Gibson LP 50's Standard, a Fender AO 50's and the Epiphone. In terms of workmanship and finish I see the Fender in first place, but then actually the Epiphone already ahead of the Gibson in second place. However, the finish on this 1.2k Epiphone is also a good step above what I've seen from Epiphone otherwise.

I will test the guitar extensively on the weekend and then report here and do a NGD.

horax

Reaction score
Mine arrived last week. I orderd on day 1 from the Joe B store itself.

honestly, this thing is VERY well built. The tones are amazing....so much so that I'm selling a PRS tCE 24 to upgrade my amp now. Initially I was going to hold the Joe B and flip it, but now I'm keeping it.

No issues anywhere. Quality is amazing, feel is great, finish is flawless. Fretwork is perfect...no high frets or sprout or anything.

ONLY thing I'd be nit-picky about is the use of Laurel instead of Rosewood in a 1299.00 guitar. BUT I used some Howards feed n' wax on it, and it looks very, very cool. Darkened up the board and brings out hte natural color variatoins that you get in Laurel. I'd also like a wider nut, but it's not a show stopper.

The case is sweet....nothing more to say.

51sWoKgxp0L._AC_.jpg

8785f51c-ca14-42b3-b125-3efbaf0ae91c-jpeg.614539

JMP

Reaction score
These look awesome!

BUT, we need more photos of the guitars y’all have received.

PageSide84

Reaction score
These photos are making these guitars look seriously nice. With the Gibson parts inside, it seems like these could be real ringers.

My only complaint would be the shiny pickup covers.

Latest Threads