2020 LP Custom..

jordans0nly

Reaction score
Worth it? Who's played one?

Was thinking either one of these or an MIJ Edwards LP.

jordans0nly

Reaction score
Got to play one today. Felt pretty good. Wish it were a little lighter. Still felt a little stiff.

LOSTVENTURE

Reaction score
I just got the ebony model a month ago. Thet are heavy, around 9 pounds, but the sound, hardware, and build quality is exceptional. I wish it had coil splitting, but it still delivers quite a variety of tones just ballancing the volume controls.
And I have to mention another selling point, The fretwork, which is flawless. Somebody took a lot of time on this aspect of the build. I wish Gibson would put a little more time on thier necks.

skydog

Reaction score
I just got the ebony model a month ago. Thet are heavy, around 9 pounds, but the sound, hardware, and build quality is exceptional. I wish it had coil splitting, but it still delivers quite a variety of tones just ballancing the volume controls.
And I have to mention another selling point, The fretwork, which is flawless. Somebody took a lot of time on this aspect of the build. I wish Gibson would put a little more time on thier necks.
If you consider ~9# heavy for a LP, perhaps you're better suited for a flute.

LOSTVENTURE

Reaction score
Actuall, 9 pounds is common. I have an old Custom that's 12 pounds.
But, I usually play sitting down, so weight has never been a problem. Let's talk about the Peavey T-60 if you really want to discuss "heavy" guitars. That one out-weighs my Miata.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
I played one at a local GC a few months ago. Very nice! Very tempted! Decided to wait for one of the typical GC 15% off sales, then COVID hit and my plans went awry. Would still consider one. Though I think the TV Yellow Special is now first on my “to get” list (once I actually see one in person/they start arriving in stores).

DrBGood

Reaction score
Though I think the TV Yellow Special is now first on my “to get” list (once I actually see one in person/they start arriving in stores).
I got one ordered. I'll likely get it at the end of summer.

Last edited:

jordans0nly

Reaction score
Just wish I could find a light one. Found a black one at 7.4lbs.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
I've been intrigued by these since NAMM. I wanted to buy one but there was only 6 months financing, then they sold out. I requested to be informed when they (Sweetwater) got more in and with 36 months financing. I chose the lightest of the quad, 8 pounds 11 ounces and got a hard shell case for it at a very good price. It will be my lightest Les Paul guitar. I'm waiting for my tracking number then the real waiting game begins.

I've been wanting a LP Custom Black Beauty for a long time. The expense and the weight have been two main reason why I put it off. With the IMHO much better looking headstock and a real ebony board I decided the time was right.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
I wanted the black beauty motif. Plus I have a black R0, black SG and a black P Bass.

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will.”

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
woah, probably too good to be true but according to the Track My Shipment, it's on the truck for delivery today. Well, I've been lied to before so I'll believe it when I see it actually sitting in the building's package room. I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow.

DeafDumbBlind Kid

Reaction score
Waiting game ? 2 days ? Don't ever order something from out of your country.
lol. I've had something sitting in Jamaica, NY (clearing house) since June 13th waiting to be forwarded to USPS.

I had a bass mute from Germany sit there for over a month before it was finally released.

Latest Threads