2020 line up

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook. I didn't paste the whole article but it also mentions they're making Monkey SGs.

Gibson Custom Shop Collection

This year, Gibson Custom Shop is introducing the 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standards in three versions: V1, V2 and V3. V1 – released in the first third of the year – will share the same specs as their peers from 1959. V2 – released in the middle third – will feature thinner neck profiles, different knobs and more striking finishes. V3 – released in the final third of the year – is set to feature an even thinner neck profile. According to Gibson, “each version inspires generations of players in different ways”.

Apart from that, Gibson Custom Shop will also be unveiling a limited run of historic reissues in a huge range of finishes. Guitars featured in this collection include:

1963 and 1964 Firebird V
1964 SG Standard
1965 Non-Reverse Firebird V
1967 Mahogany Flying V
1963 SG Special with Lightning Bar
Modern Les Paul Special Double Cut

The massive palette of finishes include Pelham Blue, Candy Blue, Frost Blue, Olive Drab, Classic and Polaris White, Inverness Green, Heather Poly, Silver and Gold Mist Poly, Kerry Green, Cardinal Red, Ember Red, Sparkling Burgundy, Purple Metallic, Black, Pink and more.

DanD

Reaction score
They are releasing the '60 60th Anniv. the way I would have. That's promising and at least it shows those at Custom are thinking about these things.

I hope some of the necks on these fall in my Goldilocks zone. I'd be down for one if they do.

RAG7890

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook. I didn't paste the whole article but it also mentions they're making Monkey SGs.

Gibson Custom Shop Collection

This year, Gibson Custom Shop is introducing the 60th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Standards in three versions: V1, V2 and V3. V1 – released in the first third of the year – will share the same specs as their peers from 1959. V2 – released in the middle third – will feature thinner neck profiles, different knobs and more striking finishes. V3 – released in the final third of the year – is set to feature an even thinner neck profile. According to Gibson, “each version inspires generations of players in different ways”.

Apart from that, Gibson Custom Shop will also be unveiling a limited run of historic reissues in a huge range of finishes. Guitars featured in this collection include:

1963 and 1964 Firebird V
1964 SG Standard
1965 Non-Reverse Firebird V
1967 Mahogany Flying V
1963 SG Special with Lightning Bar
Modern Les Paul Special Double Cut

The massive palette of finishes include Pelham Blue, Candy Blue, Frost Blue, Olive Drab, Classic and Polaris White, Inverness Green, Heather Poly, Silver and Gold Mist Poly, Kerry Green, Cardinal Red, Ember Red, Sparkling Burgundy, Purple Metallic, Black, Pink and more.
'67 Mahogany Flying V has been done before................2007, I bought one.

:cheers2:

dave999z

Reaction score
It’s too bad they didn’t think of this in time for the 59th anniversary of the ‘59 Les Paul in 2018.

meatball

Reaction score
Wonder if theres a chance these will be on display in the mobile using that travels the country

jdm66

Reaction score
I see Gibson is offering a Tomato Soup Burst and Wide Tomato burst for the new 60th R0'S

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
I had a hard time getting these to pull up on the site, so once I figured out the URLs, I figured I would post them to the thread...

V1 (Deep Cherry Sunburst and Antiquity Burst)

V2 (Tomato Soup Burst and Orange Lemon Fade)

V3 (Wide Tomato Burst and Washed Bourbon Burst)

sputnik

Reaction score
Washed Bourbon Burst looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:

JUNAE9

Reaction score
Few color options. I don't understand why they don't put the Lemonburst option.;(

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I was hoping they would repeat the 10-color scheme for the 60th 2019 '59s. I've love to see one of these in Slow Iced Tea Fade or Green Lemon.

Last edited:

jktxs

Reaction score
Agreed. I was hoping they would repeat the 10-color scheme for the 60th 2019 '59s. I've love to see one of these is Slow Iced Tea Fade or Green Lemon.
I think they'll do it, if not now then maybe later in the year.
Japan had a V1 R0 run in 2019, all 60th R9 colours. Nice deals @ R8 pricing.
Slow Iced Tea Fade

RAG7890

Reaction score
..........”each version inspires generations of players in different ways”.

WTF is that statement?

Gibson are obviously digging through the bottom of the Barrel for authentic statements.

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I wonder if they’ll throw in a free pair of 501’s.

:cheers2:

Last edited:

BobNJ

Reaction score
Sounded like one of the YT vids mentioned they have parts shadowing (under the guard at least) on the V1 Antiquity Faded finish....would love to see that if there are any pics!
Wonder if it will also be on the V2 OL Fade?
That would have been a nice touch on the 60th ’59 faded finishes as well but guess they gotta keep adding ”new stuff” each year to keep us buying, right?! :)

Rezamatix

Reaction score
i was at NAMM today, the doublecut specials are amazing. I'm looking to buy one asap. just can't find them online yet.

gio

Reaction score
i was at NAMM today, the doublecut specials are amazing. I'm looking to buy one asap. just can't find them online yet.
Any difference between this year’s and last year’s?

1all's Pub

Reaction score
I am glad they are doing these 3 versions. Most R0s of the last several years have neck profiles around 0.820”-0.083” range at the first fret because that is roughly the average found between the fatter 59-spec early 60 models and the very skinny (0.780” range) late skinny models. Only problem is this average isn’t really true of what most real 60 LPs were like (if anything just those of the V2 variety which is probably the least common type of 60 neck).

This tended to give all the R0s I’ve seen/held a neck profile more like a Gibson USA 50s neck (as found on say a Traditional model) than a real 60 Burst (not that I’ve actually held one before, ha!).