2020 Les Paul Classic Worn

Martijn R.

Reaction score
Nice, congrats!
I was planning on buying one of those but got carried away and bought a Gibson. Might still buy one at some point, i really like open pore finish and these seem to be well worth the cost. They look really great too!

rbraad68

Reaction score
yeah that is sweet man. i don't know what the diff is in the regular classic and the worn series other than the finish but i love my 2020 classic. prob also one of the best playing lp's i've owned in a long time.. congrats man makes me want one :=)

Vintage55

Reaction score
Major differences between the standard Classic and the worn version, besides finish, are CTS pots and phase switching on the pickups.

For me, one of the pluses of the matte, worn finish is the fact that might just wear a bit in an accelerated way, making the guitar look more played than it actually will be. I just don't want it to start looking shiny in spots.

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Congratulations, very sharp. Zebra pickups, pick guard and binding give it a real uptown vibe with the finish. I like it.

rbraad68

Reaction score
GC put up a new “Trad Pro IV” with a worn finish. It looks exactly like the same guitar as the Classic Worn to me, I don’t see a world of difference.
i was looking at it last night. was going to ask you guys about it?? was thinkin about getting to gut and load it down with the good stuff :=) but im not sure about it i think the classic is the same thing. there the same price right 449 ???

EpiLP1985

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was looking at it last night. was going to ask you guys about it?? was thinkin about getting to gut and load it down with the good stuff :=) but im not sure about it i think the classic is the same thing. there the same price right 449 ???
These guitars are great. The whole 2020 Epiphone lineup is awesome. I’m not sure how I would feel about upgrading anything on my 50s Standard at this point. The days of having to do anything to an Epiphone are finally over.

Sure, if you want it to look different, then by all means, upgrade it so it’s aesthetically how you want it. Rest assured, however, that these don’t NEED anything but a basic DIY setup out of the box. At least mine doesn’t.

Coming from an era where the only thing stock on my 2003 Standard was the body, I speak from experience and exultant joy when I say these guitars need nothing straight away.

rbraad68

Reaction score
These guitars are great. The whole 2020 Epiphone lineup is awesome. I’m not sure how I would feel about upgrading anything on my 50s Standard at this point. The days of having to do anything to an Epiphone are finally over.

Sure, if you want it to look different, then by all means, upgrade it so it’s aesthetically how you want it. Rest assured, however, that these don’t NEED anything but a basic DIY setup out of the box. At least mine doesn’t.

Coming from an era where the only thing stock on my 2003 Standard was the body, I speak from experience and exultant joy when I say these guitars need nothing straight away.
I'll be honest with you.. other than the bridge pieces ( there is absoletly nothing wrong with the stocg bridges ) i'm starting to have second thoughts on changing the tuners or pick ups. i have finaly had a chance to sit down with the guitar and play it thru an amp. this thing plays and sounds great. i have done nothing to the guitar yet just tuned it up. im really fighting the urge to change out the parts.....

EpiLP1985

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest with you.. other than the bridge pieces ( there is absoletly nothing wrong with the stocg bridges ) i'm starting to have second thoughts on changing the tuners or pick ups. i have finaly had a chance to sit down with the guitar and play it thru an amp. this thing plays and sounds great. i have done nothing to the guitar yet just tuned it up. im really fighting the urge to change out the parts.....
I look at it this way. I need to bond with a guitar in order to get it playing it’s absolute best before I’m going to consider changing anything.

Maybe it’s being a father of young kids but I’ve learned to take my time and slow it down in all things in life.

Right now I’m making daily, and incremental, changes to action, pickup height, pickups screw height, watching tuning stability, listening for how the guitar responds, etc. I need to get the guitar to a peak stage in its stock form before I can understand what I think it needs to improve.

Does it mean I won’t eventually swap some stuff out? Absolutely not but that decision will come after I know what it’s capable of to the fullest extent in stock form.

There is plenty to sort out that does not involve any hardware changes. Something faulty? That’s different. Want it to look different? That’s down to taste.

Oakman29

Reaction score
I agree! These 2020 Epiphone Les Pauls are amazing. Who the hell needs to fiddle with perfection.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Epi is a Gibson company... start complaining when they don't do guitars that measure up to to Gibson standards... I know I have.

jordans0nly

Reaction score
Anyone figure out what differences are from this to the Trad IV Worn?

Latest Threads