2020 Gibson LP Traditional PRO V Mahogany Top

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Went back to GC to take a better look at the black one and the red one caught my eye a little more. I don't normally like satin red but on this one it looks pretty good in person. Reminds me of the faded red R7 custom I used to have. Fortunately for me the two GC employees on the floor were more interested in loudly flirting with each other around the accessories than actually helping so I ended up leaving before GAS got me. They're on sale into next week so I'm not out of the woods yet, LOL.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
So GC just sent me a personalized 20% off any full priced item good for a week. That would bring this down from $1899 to about $1550 + tax, so I might be on the hook again :p

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Well that 20% they sent me excluded Gibson and all the other good brands as well, figures. The GC manager tried to use his monthly 20% allotment for me but even that wouldn't allow Gibson. He was able to do 15% and it came down to $1615 for me with the case (GC can be notorious for splitting the case up and charging separate for it) so I grabbed a black one. Tax still added another $150 but that's the govt and not GC, so...... And I love the satin finish, especially the matte black. Now the modding begins because I can never leave guitars stock. It's a sickness.

Attachments

myguymydude

Reaction score
Are these a GC exclusive? I don't see them for sale anywhere else, but I'd much rather give Sweetwater my business. Also haven't seen a single review or demo on Youtube, which is odd. It's such a perfect mix of features for me so I'm super tempted.

heavypic

Reaction score
Yes sir...mahogany top LP!! Dang...that's a missing link in my collection. I have a couple of Ibanez AR200/300 LP-style guitars with mahogany body and tops...they are very toneful, acoustically speaking. I may like the tone of a mahogany cap better than maple. If I wasn't already on the hunt for another LP Special with a bridge, TP and no neck binding, this would be hard to ignore. So many fine guitars...so little time and $$$...

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Are these a GC exclusive? I don't see them for sale anywhere else, but I'd much rather give Sweetwater my business. Also haven't seen a single review or demo on Youtube, which is odd. It's such a perfect mix of features for me so I'm super tempted.
Yes I believe they are exclusive to GC and MF.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of modding mine. I just picked up a set of Duncan custom shop Pearly Gates wound by MJ. I removed the stock electronics - the entire thing from the toggle to the input jack is all plug in connections like EMG. Even the ground wire inserts into a connector on the board.

The pickups are called Tradbuckers and I'm not familiar with them. I've read that they are alnico 5 with an overwound bridge and an underwound neck. From my experience with Burstbuckers I'm almost certain this is a relabeled BB1 & BB3 set with A5 instead of A2.

Klopnik

Reaction score
Just picked up one on-sale at GC! Can’t wait to get my hands on it! A deal I couldn’t pass up. I’m officially an owner of a Les Paul ☺
A8455A5C-E591-4AC7-AF66-33A0A6DB6BAE.jpeg

Klopnik

Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of modding mine. I just picked up a set of Duncan custom shop Pearly Gates wound by MJ. I removed the stock electronics - the entire thing from the toggle to the input jack is all plug in connections like EMG. Even the ground wire inserts into a connector on the board.

The pickups are called Tradbuckers and I'm not familiar with them. I've read that they are alnico 5 with an overwound bridge and an underwound neck. From my experience with Burstbuckers I'm almost certain this is a relabeled BB1 & BB3 set with A5 instead of A2.

Why are you modding it? As is it’s pretty top notch.

Klopnik

Reaction score
Whoa, how did you get the price so low? I see $1599.
I called them and asked if I can add the 15% off Presidents Day sale coupon to the already discounted price. He said no at first and so I hung up. He called me back 5 minutes later and said “I talked to my manager and he says we can add the coupon for you”

I’m sure if you push hard enough you can get the same deal I got. If you want you can even say “Hey, my friend got it for $1359” and have them ask their manager to approve the discount.

myguymydude

Reaction score
I called them and asked if I can add the 15% off Presidents Day sale coupon to the already discounted price. He said no at first and so I hung up. He called me back 5 minutes later and said “I talked to my manager and he says we can add the coupon for you”

I’m sure if you push hard enough you can get the same deal I got. If you want you can even say “Hey, my friend got it for $1359” and have them ask their manager to approve the discount.
Hm, I called both my local GCs and neither would apply the coupon since it's already on sale. Oh well, you got a sweet deal!

Klopnik

Reaction score
Hm, I called both my local GCs and neither would apply the coupon since it's already on sale. Oh well, you got a sweet deal!
Try calling the Guitar Center number on their site, not your local store. I called their customer service, not a store.

myguymydude

Reaction score
Try calling the Guitar Center number on their site, not your local store. I called their customer service, not a store.
Well I actually got a rep to take your screenshot to a manager, but they said they can't even verify it's from Guitar Center since there's no logos or order number or anything. If you'd be open to DMing me another screenshot that would be awesome, otherwise don't worry about it. Everyone I talked to seems to think you got super lucky!

Klopnik

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that too, they said they can't do that haha
Well I actually got a rep to take your screenshot to a manager, but they said they can't even verify it's from Guitar Center since there's no logos or order number or anything. If you'd be open to DMing me another screenshot that would be awesome, otherwise don't worry about it. Everyone I talked to seems to think you got super lucky!
Sent you some info. Keep us posted. I’m rooting for you

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
Why are you modding it? As is it’s pretty top notch.
I mod all my guitars with my preferred hardware, pickups, and electronics. In particular I hate HATE new chrome hardware and strongly dislike modern locking tuners. The pickups on these are actually pretty good but I much prefer A2 to A5 so I think a magnet swap would have made them better. But in the end I ended up with aged nickel Faber hardware, aged nickel Gotoh vintage style tuners, Duncan SH-5 Custom/59, CTS 500k pots and Orange Drop caps. It's a really good guitar.

Attachments

Latest Threads