2020 Gibson LP Traditional PRO V Mahogany Top

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
I absolutely love mahogany tops on a Les Paul . . oh dear why do they do this to me . . :)

I remember the 2012 Satin mahogany tops very well.

Derald

Reaction score
Wish they made that vintage mahogany top one in left handed..

Sinster

Reaction score
I have one of those 2012 All Hog Les Paul Trad. I originally wanted the brown one, but got the ebony for a great deal.

jc2000

Reaction score
Is it my eyes or are they satin finish...…. I cant stand satin finish guitars. I know they do it to cut cost but I am not a fan.

Snoopzilla

Reaction score
Is it my eyes or are they satin finish...…. I cant stand satin finish guitars. I know they do it to cut cost but I am not a fan.
Satin finish. While I think gloss looks better, satin feels a lot better to me. And sometimes sounds better as it’s thinner finish. But after playing it a couple weeks, it’s more semi satin now,

Last edited:

Seven

Reaction score
MF had these on sale for about a week @ $1599 right when they first hit the sight. Now they are back to $1899 I see.

Snoopzilla

Reaction score
MF had these on sale for about a week @ $1599 right when they first hit the sight. Now they are back to $1899 I see.
Didn’t know the hog top ones were on sale. When I went to look they had the maple top ones on sale for $1599. So I basically played stupid at guitar center and was like” wait the same model mahogany top isn’t on sale, well never mind, guess I need to think about it, thanks for your time”. And they did the whole well let me ask my manager if I can get you that price thing....which they did.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
I want the black one. They have one at my local GC but I'm not paying $1899 for one.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Reaction score
They are $1699 now.
Thanks for the heads-up, I just saw that as well. While that's better, it's still too much IMO for a satin finished all mahogany model. After tax it's still $1850. I'll keep my eye out for a used one or a Stratosphere husk since I tend to replace the hardware and electronics anyway.

Snoopzilla

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, I just saw that as well. While that's better, it's still too much IMO for a satin finished all mahogany model. After tax it's still $1850. I'll keep my eye out for a used one or a Stratosphere husk since I tend to replace the hardware and electronics anyway.
I paid $1500 for mine. Still a lot of $$ for me but I worth it

Snoopzilla

Reaction score
I would buy one at $1500. Not sure why they skyrocketed in price recently.
Not sure. Basically I went in and played a bunch of les Pauls and said hey i really like this one but it’s a little out of my price range and starting walking out. Guy says what would we have to do for you to take it home and I said $1500 thinking they would say hell no, 15 minutes later, after supposedly calling the store manager at home for approval, I was walking out with it

Latest Threads