2020 Gibson ES-339 Trans Ebony / Black Gloss $1,595

Mattcran

Reaction score
Gorgeous "Trans-Ebony" gloss finish ES-339. I tried to capture the essence of this color in a couple of the later photos. Looks black hanging on the wall from a few feet away, but more of a dark-grey/charcoal when you look at it up close under the right light. Very cool! These guitars are great because you get the overall look and feel of an ES-335 in a smaller and more comfortable package!

Full specs for this model are listed below the pics. I pulled them directly off the Sweetwater website after googling "ES-339 trans ebony." This one was purchased new from The Music Zoo earlier this year. This guitar covers a lot of sonic territory... sounds great clean through a Fender amp, does perfect classic rock through my Friedman and can belt out some Metallica with the best of 'em through my PRS Tremonti amp on high gain! Best of all, it sounds great acoustically for playing quietly while the wife and kids are asleep, lol.

Weight is 6 lb, 12 oz. and neck is: 0.89" / 0.97" at the 1st/12th.

As far as any defects, there is a small patch of shirt-cuff button worming on the top edge and a small indent (~1/16") on the front top edge near where your arm rests. Both very difficult to notice unless you search. Otherwise fantasic condition. Fine scratches on the pickguard, but no fret wear.

********NO TRADES********

Asking $1,595 "net to me." I'll quote FedEx ground prior to payment and add any payment fees. I can take PayPal, PayPal FF, Zelle and Venmo. Quickest to reach me directly at: mattcran@hotmail.com

Smoke-free, pet-free home. No smoke, must, mildew or other odors in the guitar or in the case. Will ship FedEx Ground insured with tracking. Shipping to US Lower 48 only to US Based buyers!

Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
Body Shape: ES-339
Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
Number of Strings: 6
Body Material: 3-ply Maple/Poplar
Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
Color: Trans Ebony
Neck Material: Mahogany
Neck Shape: Rounded C
Radius: 12"
Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
Fingerboard Inlay: Acrylic Dots
Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
Scale Length: 24.75"
Nut Width: 1.695"
Nut Material: GraphTech NuBone
Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Bridge with Aluminum Stopbar
Tuners: Grover Rotomatics with Kidney buttons
Neck Pickup: '57 Classic Humbucker
Bridge Pickup: '57 Classic Humbucker
Controls: 2 x volume, 2 x tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
Strings: Gibson, .010-.046
Case Included: Hardshell Case

Last edited:

Mattcran

Reaction score
Still available and at a lower price! Great guitar here.

Latest Threads