2020 epiphone les paul customs

corn_bread

Reaction score
anyone know if the cts pots and wiring are pcb or old school solder and wire?

also are they weight relief or solid. not real clear on this. i know it has the new headstock and the hand rolled fretboart board in real ebony.

DrBGood

Reaction score
I think the only weight releived (chambered) LP is the Muse and it has a belly scarf (cut). If I remember well, the Custom has always been the heaviest amongst LPs.

shupe13

Reaction score
I believe CPT Anderton in his video claimed that they are hand wired and weight relieved.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
I believe CPT Anderton in his video claimed that they are hand wired and weight relieved.
Could you provide a link to the vid where he says so? I’ve been looking but can’t find where Lee is specifically talking about the LPC (other than the Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer walk thru vid where they briefly talk about an LPC that’s just sitting on a stand).

I totally want a new headstocked Epi LPC! Thx! :)

shupe13

Reaction score
Could you provide a link to the vid where he says so? I’ve been looking but can’t find where Lee is specifically talking about the LPC (other than the Gibson/Epiphone/Kramer walk thru vid where they briefly talk about an LPC that’s just sitting on a stand).

I totally want a new headstocked Epi LPC! Thx! :)
Now that I've looked through several videos, I might have been mistaken. Here Dr. Epiphone says "vintage" wiring. IDK. I will own both the black and white LPCs.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score

also are they weight relief or solid. not real clear on this. i know it has the new headstock and the hand rolled fretboart board in real ebony.
Just a gut feel.

I can't see 'hand wired' Epiphones being a thing.
Gibson would ride that wave waaaaaay before Epiphone IMO.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Now that I've looked through several videos, I might have been mistaken. Here Dr. Epiphone says "vintage" wiring. IDK. I will own both the black and white LPCs.
Thanks for finding it. Much appreciated. :thumbs:

Yeah at 2:43 Dr Epiphone specifically says the LPC is not weight relieved (which I am glad to hear). 1000% definitely will own a black one. :)

irocdave12

Reaction score
Ugghh I had hoped Dr. Epiphone went out with HJ. At least he ditched the lab coat.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No weight relief, ebony board, CTS pots, 50’s/vintage wiring.
I wouldn't expect a super clean hand-wired basic wiring setup though. Potentially a base plate with stuff semi pre-manufactured etc. From the looks of it too in the new spec pages, the pickups all have solderless quick-connect fastening. So we can buy multiple different Epiphone pro bucker pickups and swap in and out I guess?!
In any case, all these new Epi Les Pauls are very exciting, can’t wait to pick 1,2, or 3 of them home haha!!!

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score

Since the new info pages are showing the ProBuckers with a quickconnect, I think they have a PCB.

1579619825060.png

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Since the new info pages are showing the ProBuckers with a quickconnect, I think they have a PCB.

View attachment 434323
The 50s Standard shows that same Quick-Connect ProBucker pic, but says in the description that its 50s wiring. So maybe that ProBucker pic is just an unfortunate stock photo choice by some marketing know-nothing. Also in this vid Dr Epiphone says specifically the LPC has vintage wiring... and if you can’t trust Dr Epiphone who can you trust?! LOL!!! Seriously though, we’ll know soon enough, but I am holding out hope for real vintage wiring on the LPC.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
The 50s Standard shows that same Quick-Connect ProBucker pic, but says in the description that its 50s wiring. So maybe that ProBucker pic is just an unfortunate stock photo choice by some marketing know-nothing. Also in this vid Dr Epiphone says specifically the LPC has vintage wiring... and if you can’t trust Dr Epiphone who can you trust?! LOL!!! Seriously though, we’ll know soon enough, but I am holding out hope for real vintage wiring on the LPC.
Who knows.

You can do a 50 wiring on a PCB too, it's just a jumper, or a different printed circuit. Also, they did specify they use 4 wires Pups, which are not needed for a handwired basic wiring. Either way, I see nothing wrong with a PCB. For sure better to the mess they usually did there in the cavity.

We'll see. :)

rxbandit

Reaction score
Sure does look real nice - gonna try one out for sure when I get a chance.

Last edited:

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Reaction score
they had those quick-connectors for years - without a PCB

real contrcavity Epi-LP2013.jpgreal contrcavity GT56bk 2011.jpg

Seven

Reaction score
These look pretty tasty for sure. :dude: