2020 epi special weight?

redcoats1976

Reaction score
ive had mine for about a week now,changed out the strings,got it intonated properly and have had some time to compare it to my gibby tribute GT.mine weighs about 8 pounds,similiar to the gibby GT.it doesnt give away much in playability now that its dialed in to my liking.anyone else care to comment on these gits or weight theirs?

DrBGood

Reaction score
7.5 lbs for mine. Half a pound lighter than my 2006 Jr.

I used Sctotch Brite on the back of the neck to get a sleek satin finish. I do it on all my guitars. Since I started heating the basement, relief moved a bit on the neck and action is now a little higher. Not bad but I'll have to tweak that.

P90 duo.jpg

DrBGood

Reaction score
I played with pups height again and am getting monstruous tones with this setup.

Bridge cover top (center) 4mm from strings, neck cover top 8mm from strings. Then I raised the pole pieces as so: both E 1 turn, A&B 1½ turn, D&G 2 turns. Had done that on the Jr with great results, so decided to try on the Special. Good move !

Pole pieces.jpg

DrBGood

Reaction score
You need to push down on it as you screw it down. I you try to let the screws do the job by themselves, you will either wreck the scew heads, break the screws or mangle the wood at bottom of rout.

Hope you didn't strip the wood.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
changed to 9-46 (lighter guage) ernie ball strings last night.i can smear big bends with no problem now...

Latest Threads