2020 Custom in Nickel

rbraad68

Reaction score
Hey guys:

Decided to convert my Custom over to Nickel hardware, I think it looks bad ass !! I never play this guitar so i'm tryin a diff arangement of hardware to see if that helps. I have regular grover tuners in nickel with a new harness where all 4 pots have push pull options. What that al does i have no idea other than the two volume pots that tap the pups. I took the pro buckers out and replaced with a set of SD pups. A Jazz in the neck and a JB in the bridge. Tone pro bridge and a gotoh alum tail piece. I'm waiting on my brother to send me a set of keystone grover locking tuners in nickel but that could take months knowing him.. SOOOOOO I think i'm just going to string it up with the normal grovers for now.. I think i may just a cool guitar....
custom nickel 01.jpg
custom and 50s series projects.jpg

kysrsoze

Reaction score
Looks great. I’m sure it will sound awesome. I love this look so much more than the gold hardware - did it to my Korean LP Custom, re-wired it and dropped Gibson 57 Classics in it.

9CCDF28A-F1CF-4474-AD0D-C8FA14407050.jpeg

rbraad68

Reaction score
Looks great. I’m sure it will sound awesome. I love this look so much more than the gold hardware - did it to my Korean LP Custom, re-wired it and dropped Gibson 57 Classics in it.

View attachment 552588

oh that is nice! i just got it strung up after polishing the frets and doing th board on it. for now im using either a 59 or a jazz in the neck and a JB in the bridge. I wanted to go out side the box and removing the ori buckers, i hope she sounds good!! i'm looking for some burst buckers to put in it but maybe i wil like the SD pups who knows......

rbraad68

Reaction score
I don't know how you guys get such great pics of your blk guitar's... But her she is only thing left to do is solder the ground. I strung her up last night. I eyeballed the bridge hieght before putting the strings on so i still have to set the guitar up....

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
Here this one seems a little better took it from an angle....

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
I like what you've done there especially the choice of pickups. The JB is a beast.
thx man!! I've always had pro buckers in the guitar. I just wanted to try something differn't and un covered.They are either JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck or thier JB in the bridge and the 59 in the neck. I lost track of what set i used cause the other set went into the slash guitar..... I also cant wait to finish the slash and the 50's guitar. the slash is just waiting on the faber kit and it will be up and running. I used the pups out of the slash for the 50's guitar i think combined with the 50's harness i got for it those pups are going to be good sounding... they have the braided wires on them....

rbraad68

Reaction score
I got the idea for the custom ny another guitar i redid my 2020 classic which was all gold at one point in it's life. I had a set of tone pro bridge pieces laying around for the like of me couldm't figure out what the hell to do with them. So i decided to rob all the gold parts for my cream custom. I wound up putting the blk tone pro pieces on the classic along with some pro buckers 2 n 3 .. for tuners i just used a stock set of grovers from my 60s standard. i replace the buttons with some chrome keystone buttons. I also used metal dome speed knobs in blk. the guitar turned out so well i just knew i had to a version of it on my custom....
blk 05.jpg
done ish.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Looks good! I couldn't decide so I went with silver & gold!
thx man i like it too. Now i finally get the custom to the way i like it my brother wants to trade for a 100 watt peavey classic head and a 2 x12 cab,, i mean how do you turn that deal down?!! the heads a really hard to find atleast the mid 90's ones... I hate family sometimes....

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Epi with conversion studs and ABR.
my first experience with the faber stuff was on my 50's gold top. I bought the E-serts and the tail piece bushings. Went with a small hole tone pro bridge and an alum Gotoh tail piece....

Latest Threads